The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
    Do y'all have an outfitter that will let you apply with his outfitter number for a fee? Or are y'all planning on hunting with that outfitter if you draw??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you find an outfitter doing that they need to be reported to game and fish if he is not providing a guide for a minimum set of days.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
      If you find an outfitter doing that they need to be reported to game and fish if he is not providing a guide for a minimum set of days.
      Or send me a pm and I'll report them for you

Comment

Only kidding. So no need to start the morality bashing.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
          Only kidding. So no need to start the morality bashing.
          Rant rant rant, bark bark bark
          Haha

Comment

it is NM draw deadline day! Get those interest fee loans to the NM Government before 5pm boys!
            Last edited by texas shag; 03-22-2017, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Praying for a 16c tag.

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post
                Praying for a 16c tag.
                Come on April 19th.....Lady Luck....throw me some love!

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
                  I plan to hunt with an outfitter if drawn. It is illegal to draw from the outfitter pool and not use an outfitter, so paying a fee really isn't an option. You can do semi-guided, but the outfitter still has to hunt with you for at least 3 days per my memory.
                  Two days. A big change from years ago when your tag was invalid if not with the outfitter.

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post
                    Praying for a 16c tag.
                    I gave up on the hard to draw tags years ago. I like the meat and the experience too much. I look for the highest odds with an any elk tag.

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
                      I gave up on the hard to draw tags years ago. I like the meat and the experience too much. I look for the highest odds with an any elk tag.

I understand that, and still have a hard time applying knowing the draw odds are so slim. But I've got an app in with Arizona and Colorado as well as Nevada. Eventually I'll get lucky. And if all else fails, Theres always OTC in CO.

Comment

Drew late season AZ bull tag!!! Not an easy hunt, but I don't care, I'm pumped!

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
                          Drew late season AZ bull tag!!! Not an easy hunt, but I don't care, I'm pumped!

Niiice! I'm fairly certain Redraider hunted the late archery hunt there last year. Good luck!

Comment

It doesn't matter where or when I draw a tag. Im gonna be ready!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a question for the people that have used canvas tents. what is yall recommendation on them. this will be my second year going to Colorado, and want a better tent with more room. I will also have 3 other guys going with me so want something all of us can stay in.
                              I was looking at the Wilderness tent in 16*20 and angle kit.

Comment

Also where I hunted last year, I camped by truck and hiked in 2-5 miles where I was hunting. so it is something we will be setting up next to truck.
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X