X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so elk horny right now. Wish the draws would hurry and happen [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is it September yet?!? Elk hunting has been clouding the brain since.....well since I got off the mountain last September!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
        Is it September yet?!? Elk hunting has been clouding the brain since.....well since I got off the mountain last September!!

Soon my friend...just not soon enough.

Comment

Bump up to the top for the excited newbie that doesn't know what he's getting himself into

I have a feeling that I'm going to get hooked to elk! My wife may not like that lol

Comment

doesn't take much to get hooked

Comment

I am ready to roll! Last year was my first year elk hunting and me and my buddy had a blast and are already looking forward to this year.

Comment

Wyoming results are posted and I drew.

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
                  Congrats! I was "unsuccessful". What general area if you don't want to give the unit?

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
                    Must be nice. Now I have 12 preference points. Kids are in junior high that were born when I started getting points in Wyoming.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                      Must be nice. Now I have 12 preference points. Kids are in junior high that were born when I started getting points in Wyoming.
                      If it makes you feel any better my old horse trainer cashed in 23 points last year for Colorado elk. Was the worst hunt of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                        If it makes you feel any better my old horse trainer cashed in 23 points last year for Colorado elk. Was the worst hunt of his life.
                        Lol doesn't make me feel much better at all! Why was it so bad? I've hunted two special draw units in CO and both were full of elk sightings. Looking at a 6x6 over my shoulder right now shot on one of those hunts.

Comment

Just an overall bad hunt. Checkerboard ownership so getting to spots was difficult. Then his tent blew over l, ripping it pretty good. Saw a few elk but nothing worthy of 23 points apparently. I don't remember the number maybe 11.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                            Congrats! I was "unsuccessful". What general area if you don't want to give the unit?
                            I drew 32-4. I cashed all my points on 30-1 last year. I know nobody knows anything about those areas.

Comment

im ready, I drove from Houston to west of Colorado last yr by myself because everyone backed out last min, and Said F it im still going. it was a DIY Hunt and had a blast, seen several elk just could not get up on them. Could have shot ton of mule deer they where every where.

Comment

There are 4 of us going this year and they are people I know will not back out last min on me, One has been to same area before a couple times.

Comment

Working...
                                X