The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post
    I hear ya, I'll likely keep applying, it's just insane to me the odds of getting drawn and the cost of the tags to hunt in NM.

Doing the guide number draw doubles your chances and you still have the chance at a premium tag for around 2k. I'll take that all day long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm just tired of applying and never getting drawn, the draw odds are stupid for a non-resident DIY guy like myself. I can't afford an outfitter or private land tag.
      Originally posted by coonazz View Post
      I hear ya. I'm 0 for the last 5 or 6 years. Very very frustrating for the DIY'er NR.
      Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
      LO tags are getting stupid also, 45 was going for 3800plus last year.
      Originally posted by ladrones View Post
      I went twenty years as a resident before I got drawn.
      I hear ya, I'll likely keep applying, it's just insane to me the odds of getting drawn and the cost of the tags to hunt in NM.

Weird. I was just talking about this today. I have been applying in New Mexico for 9 years. ZERO Tags. I am trying again this year. I am actually going for some easier to get muley tags we shall see.

I have found a few good over the counter spots and easy draw areas in Colorado and Montana that I go every year for elk. I am not going to give those communist *******s a full elk tag fee for nothing. IF I ever do draw a New Mexico elk tag it will be a good one. I strongly dislike their outfitter welfare program.

Comment

What is the cost for otc here in Colorado?

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
          What is the cost for otc here in Colorado?
          For us it is 644, for you it is 49...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I thought it was full price. Yea man that's why I moved here haha

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
              I strongly dislike their outfitter welfare program.
              Well I will admit to getting drawn two years in a row when they first started the NR guide/outfitter welfare program. But it is a terrible deal for the NR diy elk and deer hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                Well I will admit to getting drawn two years in a row when they first started the NR guide/outfitter welfare program. But it is a terrible deal for the NR diy elk and deer hunters.
                I understand. There are winners/losers. Something to me about hunting has always been me vs my prey. I want to sink or swim on my own.

Except moose. I want to hunt moose in AK badly and even though they will allow you to diy there is no way I'm hauling 2000# of dead meat. That I will do with an outfitter.

Comment

Debating about starting to start building points in AZ.... Clock is almost outta time too....

Comment

You have two hours! Don't do it

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      Debating about starting to start building points in AZ.... Clock is almost outta time too....
                      You gotta start somewhere it might as well be now.

Comment

I understand. There are winners/losers. Something to me about hunting has always been me vs my prey. I want to sink or swim on my own.

Except moose. I want to hunt moose in AK badly and even though they will allow you to diy there is no way I'm hauling 2000# of dead meat. That I will do with an outfitter.

Saw my fist mood this year. Was a group of 3 bulls. I severely underestimated the size of those animals. Literally as tall as my truck.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                          Saw my fist mood this year. Was a group of 3 bulls. I severely underestimated the size of those animals. Literally as tall as my truck.
                          They are 'Yuge' aren't they? Lol [emoji12]

Comment

Stupid auto correct.

Comment

Canada is cheaper [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

None of my buddies hunt, so anyone interested in talking about entering the draw together to get a cow during the 4th rifle season in CO this coming season, let me know!!

Comment

Working...
                                X