No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Along with those boots be sure to get a polypropylene sock liner to go under the socks. It will reduce the chances of blisters tremendously which can possibly ruin a hunt

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
      Along with those boots be sure to get a polypropylene sock liner to go under the socks. It will reduce the chances of blisters tremendously which can possibly ruin a hunt

I've got llbean hunting boots and so far I have had no problems with blisters in them other than the one time (which was my scouting day) where I wore ankle socks.

Comment

Sleeping bag

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
          I'm starting to try and figure out where the heck to hunt next year. My NZ trip got postponed until next May so I'll be spending 8-10 days chasing elk. I've got 3 pts in Colorado, Arizona, Nevada and Utah and 4 in Wyoming. Been looking around on gohunt. Seems in Colorado I can't draw any more units that I can't with 3 points until it jumps to 6 points except for one but it may be worth waiting for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I've got similar situation. I've got 5 in Utah, 4 Wyoming and 3 in Colorado plus the same for mulies. If I do 2 hunts then either colorado for mulie or elk, but can't decide. I'm thinking that I don't want to build elk points or mulie points in colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by Redraider View Post
            I've got similar situation. I've got 5 in Utah, 4 Wyoming and 3 in Colorado plus the same for mulies. If I do 2 hunts then either colorado for mulie or elk, but can't decide. I'm thinking that I don't want to build elk points or mulie points in colorado.

Ya I'm just trying to figure out what unit. I just want one that has less pressure than otc and quite a few elk. Trophy quality isn't that important

Comment

How are vortex optics? Looked at their 1000 rangefinder and some binos. Haven't had my hands on them. My Nikon binos took a fall last year and both lenses won't focus clear together. They are both clear but not at the same time, one will be fuzzy. I emailed Nikon to see what it will cost to repair.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                How are vortex optics? Looked at their 1000 rangefinder and some binos. Haven't had my hands on them. My Nikon binos took a fall last year and both lenses won't focus clear together. They are both clear but not at the same time, one will be fuzzy. I emailed Nikon to see what it will cost to repair.

The vortex are good. Not quite sworo level but I went with vortex because of the lifetime warranty

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                  Ya I'm just trying to figure out what unit. I just want one that has less pressure than otc and quite a few elk. Trophy quality isn't that important

WY Special Draw, General Unit.

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
                    WY Special Draw, General Unit.

Lol ya but then I still don't know what unit to go to [emoji23]

Comment

I saw that vortex is making a rangefinding binoculars, I am intrested to check them out, my new swarvoski are already broke after only a year, I am sending them in but they have to go back to Europe for repairs.

Comment

Yea I just can't afford swaro's or Leica's. I've never used one. It I have heard vortex makes nice scopes so I was wondering about their other optics

Comment

I'm looking for some insight, not your spots just this past years ground conditions. Im looking at Colorado unit 77 north side. Anyone have experience?

Comment

Boots: Kennetrek Mountain Extreme.

Comment

So was asking for habitat status the killer of the thread?

Comment

So was asking for habitat status the killer of the thread?
                                Habitat of unit 77? Maybe not many have experience in the unit.

Comment

Working...
                                X