The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
    Well after a long dry spell of not killing an elk and passing tons of bulls in the past few years I decided that this year I would take the first bull that gave me a good shot. With the full moon, warm temperatures and the fact that I needed to get back to work with all the jobs I was awarded about the time I headed out, I did just that. Not a big bull by any means, but my family is happy that we will be eating lots of good elk steaks this year. He came in following a cow , I never got a good look at him until he was in my shooting lane, so with no time to look him over I drew my bow , cow called to stop him, and let him have it. About a 30 yard shot. Sorry for the sideways pic.
    That's awesome! Congrats Terry!

Comment

Congrats amigo. Thats gonna eat good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well after a long dry spell of not killing an elk and passing tons of bulls in the past few years I decided that this year I would take the first bull that gave me a good shot. With the full moon, warm temperatures and the fact that I needed to get back to work with all the jobs I was awarded about the time I headed out, I did just that. Not a big bull by any means, but my family is happy that we will be eating lots of good elk steaks this year. He came in following a cow , I never got a good look at him until he was in my shooting lane, so with no time to look him over I drew my bow , cow called to stop him, and let him have it. About a 30 yard shot. Sorry for the sideways pic. [ATTACH]814500[/ATTACH]

And boom goes the dynamite! Congrats!

Comment

Well after a long dry spell of not killing an elk and passing tons of bulls in the past few years I decided that this year I would take the first bull that gave me a good shot. With the full moon, warm temperatures and the fact that I needed to get back to work with all the jobs I was awarded about the time I headed out, I did just that. Not a big bull by any means, but my family is happy that we will be eating lots of good elk steaks this year. He came in following a cow , I never got a good look at him until he was in my shooting lane, so with no time to look him over I drew my bow , cow called to stop him, and let him have it. About a 30 yard shot. Sorry for the sideways pic.
          Congrats on your Bull!

Comment

Well after a long dry spell of not killing an elk and passing tons of bulls in the past few years I decided that this year I would take the first bull that gave me a good shot. With the full moon, warm temperatures and the fact that I needed to get back to work with all the jobs I was awarded about the time I headed out, I did just that. Not a big bull by any means, but my family is happy that we will be eating lots of good elk steaks this year. He came in following a cow , I never got a good look at him until he was in my shooting lane, so with no time to look him over I drew my bow , cow called to stop him, and let him have it. About a 30 yard shot. Sorry for the sideways pic. [ATTACH]814500[/ATTACH]
            Congrats bro!

Comment

Was fly fishing the valle vidal in northern new mexico yesterday and got a good 2 mintues of video of a bull pushing around a group of 25 cows. I took a screenshot of the video so I could share it on here.

Wish I had a tag in my hands, but the odds of me ever drawing that tag are slim to none!

Comment

Finally get to add something to this thread. Sitting in the Albuquerque airport trying to catch a flight back to Houston. Arrowed a bull on Wednesday! My first.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats TH. That is a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                      Finally get to add something to this thread. Sitting in the Albuquerque airport trying to catch a flight back to Houston. Arrowed a bull on Wednesday! My first.

Well hell. That's an incredible first!

Comment

Awesome Hunter. Congrats on a great bull!

Comment

Wow! Hell of a first bull....congrats!

Sent from my GS7

Comment

That's a great bull

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks everyone. Will do a full write up whenever everyone else finishes from my group. The last hunt is tomorrow evening! My dad is sitting over a waterhole right now and has seen elk working the ridge across the valley from him.

Comment

Great bull!

Comment

Working...
                                X