Clear All

A pic from our place in unit 55
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
      A pic from our place in unit 55
      Talk about steeeeep!

Comment

We climbed up from where this pic was taken to the very top of that mountain on my hunt earlier this month. 2600 ft elevation gain and 3.5 miles. That was a fun hike [emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post

We climbed up from where this pic was taken to the very top of that mountain on my hunt earlier this month. 2600 ft elevation gain and 3.5 miles. That was a fun hike [emoji851]

That's a pretty meadow, how'd the hunt go?

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post
            That's a pretty meadow, how'd the hunt go?

Had a good time. Killed more time than animals lol

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
              Thank you. This is very helpful. This is my first time and evidently they started bugling well the night before last. We will be getting to camp on Saturday and hunting for 7 days starting Sunday 9/18. Hopefully the guides have a plan of attack for us and it would be awesome if the bulls are talking!
              I just got back from NM and they were bugling Wednesday-Sunday. It was my first elk hunt, though I just went ride along with a buddy that had a tag. Dumbest thing I ever done. I am already planning for next year.

My buddy got it done on a nice 6x7 on Saturday night.

What part of the state are y'all hunting?
              Last edited by El General; 09-19-2016, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                Had a good time. Killed more time than animals lol

I know the feeling brother. Let's trade notes soon.

Comment

Well we couldn't get it done in our 5 day trip but had numerous close encounters. I think the 7x7 that I had at 30 yards and no shot due to a limb is thanking the good lord above. All in all a great trip to a new area. Here are a few pictures.

Comment

Cool pictures. Sounds like you'll be right back there next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Comment

Spent 6 days chasing bulls in NM unit 34 last week. Had over 20 different stalks, some on screaming bulls and some less vocal. Every time I'd get busted just out of bow range or within range but with brush preventing a shot. Super exciting just to get that close. I did arrow a boar hog and my guide was excited - said they are very rare in that area. I told him that I can do that just about every day in Texas. Overall it was a great hunt just without icing on the cake. I'll be back next year.

Comment

I don't know how many of yall use it, but cottonwood pass between buena vista and Gunnison is going to be closed the next two years to pave. Just fyi before putting in

Comment

Originally posted by treestand View Post
                          Spent 6 days chasing bulls in NM unit 34 last week. Had over 20 different stalks, some on screaming bulls and some less vocal. Every time I'd get busted just out of bow range or within range but with brush preventing a shot. Super exciting just to get that close. I did arrow a boar hog and my guide was excited - said they are very rare in that area. I told him that I can do that just about every day in Texas. Overall it was a great hunt just without icing on the cake. I'll be back next year.

That is where we were. I liked that area.

Comment

Well after a long dry spell of not killing an elk and passing tons of bulls in the past few years I decided that this year I would take the first bull that gave me a good shot. With the full moon, warm temperatures and the fact that I needed to get back to work with all the jobs I was awarded about the time I headed out, I did just that. Not a big bull by any means, but my family is happy that we will be eating lots of good elk steaks this year. He came in following a cow , I never got a good look at him until he was in my shooting lane, so with no time to look him over I drew my bow , cow called to stop him, and let him have it. About a 30 yard shot. Sorry for the sideways pic. [ATTACH]814500[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
                              Well after a long dry spell of not killing an elk and passing tons of bulls in the past few years I decided that this year I would take the first bull that gave me a good shot. With the full moon, warm temperatures and the fact that I needed to get back to work with all the jobs I was awarded about the time I headed out, I did just that. Not a big bull by any means, but my family is happy that we will be eating lots of good elk steaks this year. He came in following a cow , I never got a good look at him until he was in my shooting lane, so with no time to look him over I drew my bow , cow called to stop him, and let him have it. About a 30 yard shot. Sorry for the sideways pic. [ATTACH]814500[/ATTACH]
                              Sure taste better than my tag soup! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                                Sure taste better than my tag soup! Congrats!
                                ditto here

Comment

Working...
                                X