The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    Hail....I'da donated some money to keep you out of OK. Don't advertise that!
    If you saw the 225 acre ranch we're roughing it at.....you'd be like "hell to the yeah".

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      If you saw the 225 acre ranch we're roughing it at.....you'd be like "hell to the yeah".
      We're staying at a 3 star hotel in NM on the way up. It's in between an adult bookstore and a tiddy bar. $1500 worth of coolers in the truck....no worries

I got $80 in mine
      ...JKBow has the high dolla coolers

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        We're staying at a 3 star hotel in NM on the way up. It's in between an adult bookstore and a tiddy bar. $1500 worth of coolers in the truck....no worries

I got $80 in mine
        ...JKBow has the high dolla coolers

You aint' gonna believe this....the hotel we are staying at is the creepy murder hotel from "No Country For Old Men". It's old as heck. So much for 5 star lodge.

Scroll down a little bit:

No Country For Old Men was released on November 21st, 2007. Filming locations include Albuquerque and Las Veg...

Comment

You aint' gonna believe this....the hotel we are staying at is the creepy murder hotel from "No Country For Old Men". It's old as heck. So much for 5 star lodge.

http://thennowmovielocations.blogspo...r-old-men.html

That's freaking awesome! .....just check under the bed first

Comment

We will take turns standing guard. =)

You're about to leave aren't you? I'm gonna PM you my cell so you can give me some updates.

Comment

Looks like me and Caddenhead are leaving Sunday and spending the night in OK then monday driving to Las Vegas NM to meet our outfitter, shoot our bows and get ready to hunt the Mora river bottom just out of Watrous on Tues morning. Just printed my license and tag. One week of work and its on.
              Awesome! Good luck, Bobby! How's the back feeling?

Comment

We will take turns standing guard. =)

You're about to leave aren't you? I'm gonna PM you my cell so you can give me some updates.
                Yes sir...6 am Wednesday morning, gonna catch a hotel in NM and the have a 3 hour drive to Chama. We'll get to camp at noon.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  Awesome! Good luck, Bobby! How's the back feeling?
                  Hard to say Shane. Hurts when I sleep (probably need a new mattress) and when I sit for a while. But feels pretty good standing and walking. Not sure what's going on with it. My left heel is of more concern right now. Doc said it wasn't fractured but sure feels like it. Gonna have to go into Marine infantry mode and suck it up.

Comment

Can't wait til tomorrow afternoon. Rolling SW to the Gila. drube75 should be shooting me updates to a "live" hunt thread starting tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by ACook View Post
                      Can't wait til tomorrow afternoon. Rolling SW to the Gila. drube75 should be shooting me updates to a "live" hunt thread starting tomorrow.
                      I'll start the thread tonight, we will try and keep it as live as possible. 17hrs and I'm Gila bound!

Comment

Originally posted by drube75 View Post
                        I'll start the thread tonight, we will try and keep it as live as possible. 17hrs and I'm Gila bound!
                        Give me about 28 and I'm right behind you!!!

Comment

Hard to say Shane. Hurts when I sleep (probably need a new mattress) and when I sit for a while. But feels pretty good standing and walking. Not sure what's going on with it. My left heel is of more concern right now. Doc said it wasn't fractured but sure feels like it. Gonna have to go into Marine infantry mode and suck it up.
                          I hope it all heals up soon, brother. Do you think the heel bone is bruised, or could it be plantar fasciitis (or both)? Both suck.

Comment

http://thennowmovielocations.blogspo...r-old-men.html
                            Yep the "border crossing" bridge is in Las Vegas as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              I hope it all heals up soon, brother. Do you think the heel bone is bruised, or could it be plantar fasciitis (or both)? Both suck.
                              Deep bruise I guess. It's too the point that I want to lance it and see if blood comes out. I'm walking around on my tip toes.

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                              Yep the "border crossing" bridge is in Las Vegas as well.
                              It's been so long since I watched the movie. Need to rewatch it this week!

Comment

Deep bruise I guess. It's too the point that I want to lance it and see if blood comes out. I'm walking around on my tip toes.

It's been so long since I watched the movie. Need to rewatch it this week!
                                Don't forget the original red dawn, hi-lo country and all the pretty horses. Several other movies and the Longmire series as well were filmed in and around Vegas.

Comment

Working...
                                X