No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered a hooch mama and some mouth calls. What is the best way to learn the mouth calls? Youtube?

Comment

New Mexico results today....hopes are high, expectations low. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by drthornton View Post
        New Mexico results today....hopes are high, expectations low. Good luck
        Same here. Swung for the fences this year because I should draw my CO. tag.

Comment

And the winner for a Pecos Wilderness area archery elk tag is.....NOT ME.

Comment

All red for me as well in New Mexico. No tags at all.

Comment

Has any body hunted unit 45 new mexico

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Flicker View Post
                Has any body hunted unit 45 new mexico
                Talk to Cable.

Comment

I remember a thread where Supertrooper hunted sheep in unit 45 two years ago.
                  Last edited by Kolpin10; 04-27-2016, 02:43 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Here are some trail camera videos from 2014 in the unit I drew this year. We have taken a lot of elk here in the past.
                    I hope it works.

Comment

I applied for an archery elk tag in Montana to hunt some big family property there. It had an 85% success rate last year. Guess who was part of the unlucky 15% this year? I cant believe it. Oh well I guess I will go chase his mule deer anyway. Good luck to all of you that have been or get drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolpin10 View Post
                        I remember a thread where Supertrooper hunted sheep in unit 45 two years ago.
                        Yes sir!!!! It was pretty amazing.

But New Mexico said I could not hunt elk this year.

I did draw my deer tag so I will not complain too much.

Comment

I know everyone is talking about NM but I'm getting more excited every day for CO. Four months and I'll be deer hunting with a good friend who will be elk hunting. We think we have a killer spot.

I have got to start rucking again as soon as I get off the crutches.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
                            I know everyone is talking about NM but I'm getting more excited every day for CO. Four months and I'll be deer hunting with a good friend who will be elk hunting. We think we have a killer spot.

Did Colorado already announce the results? I know I've been busy at work but I hope I didn't glaze over something important.....

Comment

Originally posted by Merc View Post
                              Did Colorado already announce the results? I know I've been busy at work but I hope I didn't glaze over something important.....

Colorado draw results should post in June if I remember right.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post

I'm with ya. We are OTC for elk but should get 4 LO tags from our land owner for deer. Will be hunting the 2nd week.

Might even get a bear tag for good measure. I saw 9 bears last year on my hunt with no tag in my pocket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X