• Time
  • Show
Clear All

43% odds seem steep from my experience.

Comment

Yeah man I know what you mean, I guess I'm hoping to get lucky

Comment

Originally posted by Hardcortex View Post
        Anyone putting in for the AZ draw this year? Deadline is the 6th.

My brother and his family moved to AZ about 2 years ago. We entered last year, and he drew a mulie tag. Spent 7 days hunting with him, went home empty, but we had a great time nonetheless. It was our first experience entering any draws out west, and know we got lucky. Hoping for some more this year!

After several weeks of agonizing over it....my application went in today in AZ.

Your brother needs to buy a lifetime hunting license in AZ. Then if he ever moves out of AZ he will still be considered a resident in the draw.

Comment

Good to see this thread on page one again! Gosh I love and miss elk country. I can't wait until September!

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
            From experience... Packing meat out on an animal that has never been used to pack meat.... Can be an interesting adventure. Becareful
            Ive heard some stories about people chasing their own critters...around a mountain. Not my idea of fun. Blood training and prepacking will be vital. Thanks for the caution.

Comment

My Arizona and Utah apps went in today. New Mexico and Nevada next week, and maybe Colorado for the point. If all else fails..... ill be looking for an otc hunt or landowner tag.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                After several weeks of agonizing over it....my application went in today in AZ.

Your brother needs to buy a lifetime hunting license in AZ. Then if he ever moves out of AZ he will still be considered a resident in the draw.
                I don't know if he has even looked into it yet, I will have to get him on it. I bought TX lifetime long along, but don't think he did before he moved to AZ.

I was wishful thinking on the date in my original post, that was the day my license expired, so had to renew to enter this year. Anyway, our AZ picks went yesterday. Hoping for some more good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post
                  43% odds seem steep from my experience.

What program is that?

Is there anyway to look up the odds for Wyoming region G deer in the special draw

Comment

It's not a program, just how Colorado is making their new draw statistics summary.

Comment

Ifl

Comment

First year to apply for AZ do I need to buy a non-res license before submitting for the draw. I know last minute

Comment

Yeah Jon paul, it's pretty expensive too

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHorse View Post
                            Yeah Jon paul, it's pretty expensive too
                            Thanks the only one i see for non res is the combo at 160.

Comment

That sounds about right, I applied one year but have since focused on other western states

Comment

Might as well apply for deer and elk both too. It will only cost you a little extra since you have to buy the license anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X