The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
    I was fortunate to get my bull on the second day of the season Sunday evening.
    A fine 5x5 shot him at 13 yards and he only went 60 yards. Had another good bull come down the trail 4 minutes later and pass at 5 yards!
    SW Colorado OTC DIY Public land.
    Palmer Longbow
    47#@26" 62" amo
    Magnus Stinger 2 blade 150gr head.

Got the shot on video with my Covert Trailcam too
    http://youtu.be/QfFji6pTby8

Beautiful! Great job!

Comment

A sleep and a half and I'm headed to Idaho with lots of tags in the pocket. Looks like Tuesday-Thursday is going to be cool and quite a bit of rain. New moon, rain and cooler temps will hopefully get them going. We shall see how the Goretex does. Grabbing a box of Quest Bars and I will be all loaded up. Good luck to everyone!!!!

Comment

Done deal here!! Smoked this guy at 7am on Wednesday morning!

Comment

Boom!!!! Congrats!

Comment

great bull, congrats NMStick

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by FCTrapper View Post
                Headed out. Arizona here I come.
                Will be driving the same route next week. Good luck to you brother, hope a big bull is in your future.

Comment

Great shooting fellas!

Comment

Originally posted by NMStickFlinger3 View Post
                    Done deal here!! Smoked this guy at 7am on Wednesday morning!

Hell yeah! Awesome bull! I'm leaving tomorrow for SW CO.

Comment

Back from Utah. Sucked. Don't put in for the Wasatch archery tag. Took 9 years to go on the worst hunt I have been on in 8 years.
                      The Utah wildlife folks have really screwed it up!

Comment

Still chasing bullIs in AZ unit 6a. I've been close on 3 Bulls over 300. All 3 we get busted within 30-50 yards with 1- wind swirling and 2-satellite Bulls coming around us and 3-4wheeler driving upwind about 200 yards headed to a water hole oblivious there was a 320 bull in the area. Lol

Sunday and Monday have been slow. Headed to north side of unit today. The local public Hunter's have been super thick. Hoping that most have left by now. Also to top it off it is HOT as Hell.

Comment

Originally posted by drthornton View Post
                          Anyone heard from Elkaholic or Millman?
                          I am NOT a Utah fan......

Trying to settle down a little before writing Utah back on my "survey". Word to all....if you get drawing for a archery Wasatch tag....seriously consider another unit....ANY other unit. Wasatch archery elk sucks....

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
                            Back from Utah. Sucked. Don't put in for the Wasatch archery tag. Took 9 years to go on the worst hunt I have been on in 8 years.
                            The Utah wildlife folks have really screwed it up!
                            I'm sorry to hear that. That unit looked like the best chance to get drawn within a decade. Was it just too early?

Comment

Success on my first elk hunt!!! I got this beauty on Tuesday 9.8.15 in Idaho.

I shot him at 17 yards, double lung. He ran 40 yards, coughed for about 20 seconds then walked off another 30 yards and crashed. Scored 280"

I will write a full report later when I get caught up on work.

Comment

Sorry to hear about Utah.

I'm Headed to Utah for Elk on the 21st, hunting private property though.

Comment

Working...
                                X