The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lg140 View Post
    Little over 24hrs and I'm headed to Chama!
    We are on the road to Chama!

Comment

Good luck in Chama, buddy called in 4 bulls today in that area.

Comment

Good luck everyone!

I just got back from Colorado and shot a 5x5 bull. If you were wondering how many coolers to take for the meat....it took exactly 2 - 120 quart coolers for the deboned meat and the hide. And this bull was a medium sized bull...400 lbs dressed (550lbs live weight).

Don't skimp on the coolers!

Comment

Hooray! Congratulations Unclefish! Meat on the ground and antlers on the wall.

My hunting partner and I are going to hunt CO 2nd season rifle unit 24 for cow. Ive never been. He's been 5years in another unit with no luck. Im anxious to see meat on the hoof.

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
            My brother millman and I just crossed into Utah!
            Anyone heard from Elkaholic or Millman?

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
              Hooray! Congratulations Unclefish! Meat on the ground and antlers on the wall.

My hunting partner and I are going to hunt CO 2nd season rifle unit 24 for cow. Ive never been. He's been 5years in another unit with no luck. Im anxious to see meat on the hoof.
              Thank you sir. Only bull I had in range all week. Shot him at 67 yds...double lunged him and he ran 120 yds and heard him crash. Not a big bull but big enough for me.

Comment

Congrats on the bull!

Comment

Originally posted by drthornton View Post
                  Anyone heard from Elkaholic or Millman?
                  Nothing yet.

Comment

Headed out. Arizona here I come.

Comment

Congrats to all those that have had the opportunity to set foot in the mountains this year. Due to some personal issues, my hunting partner had to back out of our CO OTC trip. We had planned on hunting GMU 81, leaving TX on 9/19 and coming back 9/26. I'm toying with going solo (I hunted the unit last year...saw animals but did not kill) but, for the sake of my safety and general sanity, would rather have at least one other individual to hunt with. Obviously, I have all my own equipment, am in good shape (having worked out for the last 6-months), and generally thing I'm super easy going. I'd be open to hunting other units as well (during the same time period). I realize this is a shot in the dark, but I thought I'd give it the old college try.

Shoot me a PM if you want to discuss.

Good luck everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by FCTrapper View Post
                        Headed out. Arizona here I come.
                        Good luck Rodney, make it happen!

Originally posted by simek View Post
                        Congrats to all those that have had the opportunity to set foot in the mountains this year. Due to some personal issues, my hunting partner had to back out of our CO OTC trip. We had planned on hunting GMU 81, leaving TX on 9/19 and coming back 9/26. I'm toying with going solo (I hunted the unit last year...saw animals but did not kill) but, for the sake of my safety and general sanity, would rather have at least one other individual to hunt with. Obviously, I have all my own equipment, am in good shape (having worked out for the last 6-months), and generally thing I'm super easy going. I'd be open to hunting other units as well (during the same time period). I realize this is a shot in the dark, but I thought I'd give it the old college try.

Shoot me a PM if you want to discuss.

Good luck everyone!
                        PM Sent

Comment

PM returned

Comment

I was fortunate to get my bull on the second day of the season Sunday evening.
                            A fine 5x5 shot him at 13 yards and he only went 60 yards. Had another good bull come down the trail 4 minutes later and pass at 5 yards!
                            SW Colorado OTC DIY Public land.
                            Palmer Longbow
                            47#@26" 62" amo
                            Magnus Stinger 2 blade 150gr head.

Got the shot on video with my Covert Trailcam too

Comment

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
                              I was fortunate to get my bull on the second day of the season Sunday evening.
                              A fine 5x5 shot him at 13 yards and he only went 60 yards. Had another good bull come down the trail 4 minutes later and pass at 5 yards!
                              SW Colorado OTC DIY Public land.
                              Palmer Longbow
                              47#@26" 62" amo
                              Magnus Stinger 2 blade 150gr head.

Got the shot on video with my Covert Trailcam too
                              http://youtu.be/QfFji6pTby8

Outstanding stuff! Congrats on a great bull!

Comment

Anybody here every hunted GMU 80 in Colorado around Poage Lake or Handkerchief Mesa area? trying to start planning an OTC archery trip for next fall and I like the looks of this place. I fished there about 11 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X