The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simek View Post
    I've known him since I was in grade school. He and my brother are the same age (4-years younger than me). We have fished together a lot....mostly on the San Gabriel. His dad and my dad used to be running buddies, back in the day. Hobratsch is about is good as they get....won't find many better. I still talk to him a good bit...more in hunting season. I see him probably once per year.
    Good deal, yes you are correct, he is good people. I worked with him 6 years in Round Rock. We also occasionally do some hunting and fishing.

Comment

3.5 more hours and I'm headed home to check the pack list one more time then get on the road!

Idaho, HERE I COME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
        Got to N.M. wed. night. Set camp Thursday and began scouting.
        Started having severe chest pains Thursday. Went to Los Alamos hospital Friday am and was sent by ambulance to Albuquerque. No heart problems but blood pressure was 219 over 110. It is sunday and bp is down and will check out in 2hrs.
        Not a good start to elk season. Hope it gets better.
        I spoke to George yesterday and he is doing better and back hunting again. Still having to watch his activity and BP. He said the bulls are getting vocal. Wouldn't be surprised if his next post is a grip and grin with a bull.

Comment

My brother millman and I just crossed into Utah!

Comment

Nice! I've seen a couple good Bulls taken off your unit so far.

Comment

Headed to New Mexico with the wife to watch my sister play in a volleyball tourney. Would give just about anything to have drawn a tag this year

Comment

The final three days of the Oregon Elk season packed quite a punch. Enjoy the video of our adventure! YETI Coolers | SITKA GEAR | ZEISS Optics

Another Short Season elk film, 8 days before Idaho. Not that I'm counting.

Comment

Six days before heading out for elk hunt in Arizona unit 4A! Second year in a row to get drawn. Can't wait. Good luck to all.

Comment

Originally posted by burks57 View Post
                    Six days before heading out for elk hunt in Arizona unit 4A! Second year in a row to get drawn. Can't wait. Good luck to all.
                    Arizona two years in a row?!?!?!?!? That is amazing, congrats on the tag, please keep us in the loop.

Comment

Good luck to everyone headed west. Its a no go for me this year. Tomorrow is another year and I plan to make it a good one.

Ray

Comment

Little over 24hrs and I'm headed to Chama!

Comment

No luck today with the elk. My one camera didn't work while I was gone but I had a 6 point there at my spot on Thursday. My waterhole is now a elk wallow.

Though I did have some visitors.https://vimeo.com/138478809

Comment

Elk hunting is number 1 on my bucket list

Comment

Hoping this guy shows up tomorrow.

Comment

Two more days and I'm headed out for 18 days to chase them bulls in Colorado. All that's left is to pack my food

Comment

Working...
                                X