No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use the colorado hunting atlas Topo, aerial, motor vehicle use map etc all in one tool

Comment

A week from today we will be flying to Colorado to scout for two days. This will be a quick trip, but a nice break from the heat. We are going to set up several cameras, locate a primary and a couple of alternate camps and scout the areas we intend to hunt. We will be southeast of Steamboat.

Comment

No elk for me this year. Well no elk unless I kill a monster mulie early and decide to buy an otc tag!! Good luck this year guys it's getting close. I'll be in the high country in a month or so.

Comment

Comment

I made a short scouting trip two weeks ago to SE Colorado. Hung seven cameras on well worn trails and seeps. The grass is high and lush! Lots of fresh elk sign!
            Found someones arrow 14' up a tree lol

Last edited by SwampGhost; 07-24-2015, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

That is some gorgeous country. My brother and I were up around Dolores CO, around six years ago for the early elk season. Love that place

Comment

Got another bull hitting the hunting spot.

Comment

Saw some elk this week, lots of deer and within 10 yards of a cinnamon phase bear. Didn't wait around to take his picture.

Comment

Good bull WhirlWind!

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post
                          Russell, where you guys hunting this year?
                          We'll be near Dolores in either 711 or 71 depending on sign and water situations. Are you heading up this year?

Comment

The Elk Thread

Russell, yes sir, gonna try to alternate every year between mulies and elk. Hunting last two weeks of September around pagosa. You guys planning on running tree stands and water holes again in the early season?

TWP, what's the water situation look like in the areas you checked out? Everything looks GREEN!

Whirlwind, awesome bull, I really need to PM you about Idaho!
                            Last edited by rhendrix; 07-25-2015, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Looking at 71 myself. First elk hunt ever and doing DIY solo. Any advice on that unit or any near by unit would be a HUGE help

Comment

Water everywhere!!!! I was actually on the west side of the divide and it was wet as heck!!! Dang jungle everywhere, tons of grasses in the aspens and oak brush. So much feed, even in the thicker timber. Looks like high elk that won't be traveling far for water/food/shelter.

Comment

Working...
                                X