X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
      Good area. PM me the name of the ranch. I have done some work at the two coal mines up near Prewitt.
      I'll find out and let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by dashj7 View Post
        Yes

First half or last? Either way, you're in for a treat buddy!

Comment

Last. I'm Super excited. I hope for some rut action. My last elk hunt was 16b in the floods of 2013.

Comment

Dang man I'm jealous. If I wasn't gonna be in CO I'd come be your pack mule just so I could see the lay of the land. What kinda hunt are you gonna try to do? Base camp, spike, bivy? I'd bivy out every day and stay in the elk if I were you.

Comment

Good news, we got a N.M. tag. Bad news is it isn't my favorite unit, but it is a tag.
              Haven't heard from Thornton, did you draw?

Comment

most likely bivy. Im hoping this is my year. I will be in CO for the mule deer archery opener unit 55 and then NM for elk. I have dropped 60 lbs and working my butt off to get ready. I cant wait!!!!! I need sweet revenge after the 2013 elk season. The what ifs have been haunting me for 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
                  Good news, we got a N.M. tag. Bad news is it isn't my favorite unit, but it is a tag.
                  Haven't heard from Thornton, did you draw?
                  No sir. No elk tag for me. I did draw a 3rd choice deer tag in a unit I don't know much about. I will see if I can find a cow tag for <300.00 so I can get some meat in the freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by dashj7 View Post
                    most likely bivy. Im hoping this is my year. I will be in CO for the mule deer archery opener unit 55 and then NM for elk. I have dropped 60 lbs and working my butt off to get ready. I cant wait!!!!! I need sweet revenge after the 2013 elk season. The what ifs have been haunting me for 2 years.
                    Sounds like your ready. The deer hunt will get you warmed up nicely for the ELK.

Comment

I will be in 15 second season, anyone else going to be there?

Comment

Anyone have suggestions on one man tents??? I have a nice 2 man that I like, but this year I'm going to bivy the whole time and need to cut some weight. I would like to use a free standing tent (I know it will add a little weight) but I just like the freedom to pitch it anywhere.

Comment

The Elk Thread

Are you willing to go floorless? If not, then I'd look into a rei half dome or quarter dome or a big agnes fly creek UL2. I can give you a floorless option that's way cheaper and about two pounds total and built like a tank, though.

Comment

floorless new seekoutside lbo or kifaru megatarp

Floor- mountain hardware super mega UL 2(2.7 pounds)

Problem with a bivy is you will hate life if you get an extended storm

Becareful with 1 man specific tents...they can be tiny inside.
                            Last edited by Texans42; 05-07-2015, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                              I will be in 15 second season, anyone else going to be there?
                              I will be crying north of you in CO because NM hates me. 0-6 on years on four species draws.

Comment

First year doing a DIY OTC Colorado Elk Hunt. Looking at Unit 68 or 81. Anyone have any contacts for a pack mule or pack horse guy available to come get a processed elk after it was down?

Comment

Working...
                                X