No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man that sucks if it's the bad side...how many points?

Comment

Put in for my NV pref points for Elk and Sheep today

Comment

Originally posted by drthornton View Post
        Oh man that sucks if it's the bad side...how many points?
        8 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad-Karma View Post
          Put in for my NV pref points for Elk and Sheep today

Did you still have to submit verification of your hunters education certification to get points?

Comment

Originally posted by Closetohome View Post
            I did...if it's my first choice I will be the luckiest SOB on the planet...if it is my second choice I literally might puke.

Triple check all my apps every year before submitting and looks like I might have accidentally picked antlerless as my 2nd. Given the points I have I still could have drawn my 1st choice. Hero or zero...needless to say the last few days have been a little nerve wrecking.
            FWIW, I think you can donate the tag to certain groups for a tax deduction as a charitable donation.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
              FWIW, I think you can donate the tag to certain groups for a tax deduction as a charitable donation.
              Family has a place in Unit 27 so I hunt OTC archery deer every year and the elk season is immediately following it. If I draw in other states (NM, NV, UT) I will donate the tag to charity...if not then I will use it and fill the freezer.

Comment

Great little video from Aron, it is so true. I have had friends who would rather go back to camp than go down and over that next ravine. I was the same way the first couple of times, I didn't have enough confidence in myself. Now it is a completely different story, but you only get there, IMO, through field time.

Your heart and your mind is what will make or break the hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
                  Great little video from Aron, it is so true. I have had friends who would rather go back to camp than go down and over that next ravine. I was the same way the first couple of times, I didn't have enough confidence in myself. Now it is a completely different story, but you only get there, IMO, through field time.

https://vimeo.com/113619736
                  Good video, and very true. But to clarify, Aron Snyder is a BEAST. I would put him up against Cameron Haynes any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Closetohome View Post
                    Family has a place in Unit 27 so I hunt OTC archery deer every year and the elk season is immediately following it. If I draw in other states (NM, NV, UT) I will donate the tag to charity...if not then I will use it and fill the freezer.
                    Bull, cow - it doesn't matter. Just to be in the mountains hunting elk, eh?

Comment

I now have 10 points in Arizona. My juvenile delinquent 15-year-old son now has 6 points, thanks to his forward-looking father. He's also accumulating points for deer, elk and moose in Colorado. But do you think I can get him to take the trash out without being told?!

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
                        Bull, cow - it doesn't matter. Just to be in the mountains hunting elk, eh?
                        Ha...since the draw that is what I am telling myself...but I wasn't putting in for AZ to flip a coin between bull or cow. Going to make the best of it...at least I got to keep my loyalty and hunters ed point...only went back to 2...which is just a softer kick in the nads.

Comment

Rumor is that the backdoor method for checking if you drew in New Mexico is working.

Theory is that if you log into your account and you attempt buy a hunting license it will not allow you to add it to your cart if you drew since you already had one.

This only works if you requested a license refund. It is also an all or nothing test. If you applied for multiple species and were not allowed to add a license to your cart you won't know which one.

At this point I am telling myself it is not working. I only applied for Elk and it is letting me add a license. I was a virtual lock at about 3% draw odds this year so it must be bogus.

I suspect official emails will go out starting maybe tomorrow but for sure next week.

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by drthornton View Post
                            Rumor is that the backdoor method for checking if you drew in New Mexico is working.

Theory is that if you log into your account and you attempt buy a hunting license it will not allow you to add it to your cart if you drew since you already had one.

This only works if you requested a license refund. It is also an all or nothing test. If you applied for multiple species and were not allowed to add a license to your cart you won't know which one.

At this point I am telling myself it is not working. I only applied for Elk and it is letting me add a license. I was a virtual lock at about 3% draw odds this year so it must be bogus.

I suspect official emails will go out starting maybe tomorrow but for sure next week.

Good Luck!
                            I think I can wait a little longer. Of course I'm not refunded for hunting licsense.

Comment

I got this. ?
                              You seem to be buying a game hunt license, but you already have purchased a combination license as part of the draw. If you buy this license, your entire combination (including any stamps or 2nd rod option selected) will be refunded; immediately, if possible, otherwise, after the draw.

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
                                I got this. ?
                                You seem to be buying a game hunt license, but you already have purchased a combination license as part of the draw. If you buy this license, your entire combination (including any stamps or 2nd rod option selected) will be refunded; immediately, if possible, otherwise, after the draw.
                                I got the same in a yellow box at the top of the screen...I think you have to physically hit the "Add to Cart" button at the bottom but I haven't been brave enough to try it yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X