No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To everyone that is elk hunting this year. I am VERY Jealous.. Good Luck guys

Comment

No Tag

There are there again, and I have no tag.

Comment

Leaving for Chama, NM on Friday, I talked to one of the guides up there yesterday and he said the bulls are screaming!

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
          There are there again, and I have no tag.
          http://youtu.be/9UcKluFBczw
          AWESOME!!!!!
          I am so freaking ready!!!

Comment

One more for the addicts.

Comment

Flying to Helena Friday at three for 8 days in the mountains with two buddies. Can't wait! After close calls in 2011 and 2012 with my bow, and getting it done last year with the rifle my confidence is high! I am gonna eat elk again next year!

Comment

In Denver on the flight to Montana! Hopefully I'll have pics in a few days.

Comment

Taking off for new mexico.....good luck to those hunting and yet to leave.

Hope my next post is a grip and grin!

Comment

Originally posted by drthornton View Post
                    Taking off for new mexico.....good luck to those hunting and yet to leave.

Hope my next post is a grip and grin!
                    Go get em!!!

Comment

Just got back from a week long hunt empty handed. Called a 6 point bull in to 12 yards for my wife and she missed!
                      Very little bugling where I was at in western Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
                        Sackett, what were the temps like at the altitude you were hunting?
                        60's-70's for a high and upper 30's-40's for low. One day it didn't get above 60.

Comment

We just got back from a week and a half in 65 CO. Hunting was pretty poor. We had 2 or 3 days of straight rain but weather was good the rest of the time. We saw several elk early on and then things kind of fizzled out. Elk were not vocal at all. They were almost all seen one at a time. No groups yet.

Comment

We leave Saturday for an 8 day DIY hunt on the Western Slope of Colorado. Will hopefully have decent cell coverage where we are to do a live hunt starting Sunday.

Lots of bulls in our area but no giants. 3 out of 4 of us have bear tags too.

Comment

We are leaving Monday. We will hunt the last four days of the season on 16 sq. miles of private ground just south of Steamboat Springs.

Comment

Nm update. We are getting into elk but the bugling action is hit or miss. They are not responding to calls either. We have put in the miles so our time is coming. Lots of close calls. It is as dry as any where ive hunted making it impossible to be quite. My dad shot a cow opening morning so we are in the board. Made a perfect 30 yard quartering away shot. She went 40 yrds and piled up. Great stuff!!

On the other hand there are people everywhere. And the rudest group of hunters i have ever shared the woods with. Im a pretty chill fella but i got pushed to the point and called a guy out for some unethical behavior. Im glad it ended well. Later in we gave his buddies a ride to their truck. It was tough to do but im a firm believer in doing the right thing all the time. Man it was hard. I just wish we didnt have jackwagons in our bow hunting community. I used to think a bow hunter was a cut above most folks but im not sure anymore. Good luck to those still huntin.

Comment

Working...
                                X