• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that a mountainsmith lt?

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post
      Is that a mountainsmith lt?
      Yes, it is. Can't be beat for floorless shelter for the cost. Awesome, tough, and wouldn't hesitate to spend a week in it in the high country with possibility of any weather conditions.

Comment

You still using a tigoat bivy? I looked hard at one if these and ended up buying a siltarp since I have a ID bugaboo bivy. If I hadn't bought it though the plan was to use a mountainsmith lt and a tigoat bivy.

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post
          You still using a tigoat bivy? I looked hard at one if these and ended up buying a siltarp since I have a ID bugaboo bivy. If I hadn't bought it though the plan was to use a mountainsmith lt and a tigoat bivy.
          I'm using the Borah bivy, which appeared to be exactly the same as the Bristlecone bivy from Katabatic gear that my friend was using on this trip.
          There were times when it started raining or when campfire smoke was headed straight into the Supertarp setup that it was nice to have the Mountainsmith LT with the zippered front.

Comment

Getting close boys! NV Mule deer starts in a few days...Supertrooper will be heading out soon to kill a monster Bighorn. Hunting season is upon us!

I spent Sunday sorting thru all my gear...just need a few things and food to be ready for Elk. New bow is dialed in and I'm shooting every day.
            Attached Files

Comment

Selling my KUIU ICON in above pic as well as 3000 bag with it. Click below if interested.

Comment

I

CAN'T

WAIT

Comment

Anyone hunting SW Montana this year? Public? I will be hunting From November 12-17th in/around the Madison Valley.

Comment

I was reading a thread about Unit 76 in Co and they said watch out for the moose, they are not afraid of anything. Uhh..... bearspray? I have only seen 2 moose in the years I have been fishing up there and no, they were not scared, but I did not feel the need to worry. Any input?

Comment

What kind of knives are you guys packing? This will be my first backpacking hunt and I feel like I need an alternative to my current selection of heavy knives. I will have my havalon for caping, but need something for boning and quartering. Right now my pack is 47 lbs and I'm looking to cut every ounce I can.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBear View Post
                        I was reading a thread about Unit 76 in Co and they said watch out for the moose, they are not afraid of anything. Uhh..... bearspray? I have only seen 2 moose in the years I have been fishing up there and no, they were not scared, but I did not feel the need to worry. Any input?
                        I would think if you dont get between a rutting bull and a cow or a cow and her calf you will be fine. Im going moose hunting next year and im not to worried about getting run over

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
                          What kind of knives are you guys packing? This will be my first backpacking hunt and I feel like I need an alternative to my current selection of heavy knives. I will have my havalon for caping, but need something for boning and quartering. Right now my pack is 47 lbs and I'm looking to cut every ounce I can.
                          The last three elk I skinned and deboned with only a havalon just make sure you have a couple of extra blades, they break easy with any form of side pressure and I have a habit of twisting the blade and that will break them every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolpin10 View Post
                            The last three elk I skinned and deboned with only a havalon just make sure you have a couple of extra blades, they break easy with any form of side pressure and I have a habit of twisting the blade and that will break them every time.
                            Getting blades off can be tricky as well. Those things are crazy sharp and scary taking off with your fingers. I will be putting a small leatherman tool in my pack this year.

Comment

C'mon September

Comment

anybody hunting unit 15 NM 3rd archery? I will be there sept 18-25

Comment

Working...
                                X