No announcement yet.

Strange Finds in the Woods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found some coprolite while hunting in east Texas one fall. That's dinosaur poop, by the way. Had a geologist check it out. I can provide a pic if anyone is desperate for one.

Comment

Very interesting stories!

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
        2 bigfoots, 4 chupacabras and 1 yeti.
        whats the difference between a bigfoot and a yeti? two bigfoots and a cooler? good find

Comment

My dad and his brothers where hunting David Crockett national forest and found a dead body middle of the woods

Comment

Sorry for such a long read but definitely the coolest thing I have found in the woods.

My wife's dad used to drive in from Houston to hunt with us on the weekends. He liked to still hunt through the woods rattling ever so often. The last season he hunted with us he misplaced his rattling antlers and was pretty upset because he had had them for so long. He passed away with lung cancer the following summer at only 55. My wife was extremely upset about it for a long time. Two years later while doing some scouting I found what was left of his rattling antlers under the base of a big White Oak tree. Squirrels had chewed them up pretty bad and the leather cord that held them together was missing. He had painted them camo and I think that may have saved them from being totally eaten by squirrels. My wife got pretty choked up when I brought them home. Every year since, my wife brings them out at the beginning of deer season and sets them on our fire place mantle until season is over.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1343187974997.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	24097165

Comment

I was walking along the RR tracks way out in the country and found where a train had derailed and dumped about ten model A ford cars. I looked for parts to pilfer off of them but someone beat me to it about 60 years earlier.

Comment

I found a dead guy. Murder victim. Near Frisco while scouting a dove field.

Comment

Found an old rusted sawed off receiver end of a single shot shotgun that someone had thrown in Grapevine lake. I'd like to know what crime it was involved in.

Comment

I found a meth-head sitting in my truck while deer hunting my lease in Gustine the year before last. He had to cross 3 gates and walk a mile down the dirt road on the lease. He had been stealing androus ammonia from our rancher some 2 miles away when it exploded, leaving him with multiple burns and a Sig .40 SW drawn on him until the cops came.

Also, I found a perfectly intact Listerine bottle from the early 1900's.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
                      Sorry for such a long read but definitely the coolest thing I have found in the woods.

My wife's dad used to drive in from Houston to hunt with us on the weekends. He liked to still hunt through the woods rattling ever so often. The last season he hunted with us he misplaced his rattling antlers and was pretty upset because he had had them for so long. He passed away with lung cancer the following summer at only 55. My wife was extremely upset about it for a long time. Two years later while doing some scouting I found what was left of his rattling antlers under the base of a big White Oak tree. Squirrels had chewed them up pretty bad and the leather cord that held them together was missing. He had painted them camo and I think that may have saved them from being totally eaten by squirrels. My wife got pretty choked up when I brought them home. Every year since, my wife brings them out at the beginning of deer season and sets them on our fire place mantle until season is over.
                      [ATTACH]367707[/ATTACH]
                      Awesome story!

Comment

Originally posted by Texbow View Post
                        I found a dead guy. Murder victim. Near Frisco while scouting a dove field.
                        Frisco tx?

Comment

Originally posted by HSULongbow View Post
                          I found some coprolite while hunting in east Texas one fall. That's dinosaur poop, by the way. Had a geologist check it out. I can provide a pic if anyone is desperate for one.
                          That is neat, up for more stories

Comment

Ttt!

Comment

The post about the rattling antlers jogged my memory about something I saw about 15 years ago when I was bowhunting. I see a buck coming and thought he was a huge nontypical with a really small body. As he got closer I realized that he wa a typical 8 with someones rattling antlers all tangled up in his own antlers. Saw him once more after that and then my friend saw him at the end of the season with the antlers still there.

A few years later on the ranch next door they shot a deer with a hammock tangled in his antlers.

Other than that I have found a lot of cool stuff but nothing really earth shattering. Found a cave on govt land once that went in the ground at an angle. a liitle ways in there was a fire ring with four stumps around it and soda cans sitting there from the 50's. Looked like the guys warmed up, drank their sodas, set them on the ground and left. Nothing had changed since then.

Comment

I found a prisonor uniform with the inmates number printed on it hanging from a tree on creeekbank in Limestone county.

Comment

Working...
                                X