Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so sorry for your loss!!!

Comment

Sad to hear. I worry about my dog picking up birds in the mesquite flats, but I can't stop her.

Comment

sorry about the loss of your Lab...they truely are a mans best freind

Comment

Originally posted by TMEC View Post
          Sorry to hear about your loss. This reminds me to make sure mine is up to date on snake shots. It may not save everyone of them but it may help.
          Narco got his booster yesterday at his check up & she wants him back in March for another...my vet says they are still kinda scratching their heads with the whole rattlesnake issue. Said they have seen some dogs looking pretty good when brought in, only to die right after getting the anti-venom?? Didn't matter if the dog was on the vaccine or not?? Scout did not have any swelling and we don't know where she got hit. Some of the guys we talked to that night (who have seen numberous snake bites) didn't believe she was even bit at all because of this!!

Vets seem to think the vaccine gives them time but still see other dogs pull through w/out never getting it...kinda like people in some ways I guess. One wasp or bee sting will send me to the hospital with hives all over, where I've seen other folks keep on trimming trees after 4-5 hits and only get little welts??

Hindsight would have made me take a different road but who knows if it would have made a difference?? Maybe she was just trying to make me feel better about the whole ordeal as she knew Scout for a long time??

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

That sucks!

Hate to see the bad news...

Comment

Sorry for your loss Artos.

Comment

Teared up a little when I read this. I have a white lab myself and wouldnt know what to do without him. They truly are man's best friend. Sorry for the loss of your bestfriend (

Comment

I understand your loss, and know the pain of losing a good dog. You can't blame yourself for what happened, and I know it doesn't make if any better, but at least she left this world doing what she loved.
                    -Cheryl

Comment

so sorry for your loss .dogs are true friends .

Comment

pRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU I KNOW HOW IT IS TO LOSS A DOG !!! IT IS LIKE LOSSING A FAMILY MEMBER !!! SOME ONE WAS LOOKING OVER YOU CAUSE THIS COULD HAVE BEEN REALLY BAD FOR YOU !!!!!!

Comment

Hate to hear this. Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Working...
                          X