felons and hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smokin feathers View Post
    i want yall to think about this one, im all for being harsh on those that deserve it, but this happened to a friend of mine and it doesnt seem right to me. Take your average everyday joe, that follows all the rules, has their own business, family and kids and in no way looking to get in trouble. goes out to the lease and there have been dogs running loose from a neighboring property all the time. dogs come through run the deer off and hang around, he decides to run them off by firing a shot, does not try to shoot one of them but bullet richoteches and hits one in the leg (300 RUM) and it takes off, he leaves the lease and is headed for his job when pulled over and arrested and charged with a felony for shooting the dog. want to talk about your world suddenly changing!!

my uncle was convicted of taking bribes for timber while working for the forest service, he decided to fight and lost while the others involved just took a plea bargain, his kids have their guns in the house but in their rooms but he is strictly a bowhunter now.

I have several felons who visit the shop and at least 3 are shooting a crossbow.
    I personally think a situation like that involving animals being a felony is absolutely asinine.

Sent from Tapatalk

Comment

i agree!! the dog was also seen on the property again the next day after having its leg removed at the vetg.

Comment

Originally posted by smokin feathers View Post
        i agree!! the dog was also seen on the property again the next day after having its leg removed at the vetg.
        Sounds like he should have been a better shot... I know he was shooting to scare it off but Dont shoot at Anything unless you want to kill it.
        Then no way there would be any evidence. "mountain lion must have got em!!!"

Comment

some states are different. I kansas if you havent gotten in any more trouble you can own a gun after 10 yrs. You can hunt with bow, ML and rifle.

You can also get your record exponged. It really isnt that big of a deal.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
            There are consequences to your actions. Some of which will live with the rest of your life! Just ask the preteens that get pregnant and have babies in high school. These people knew that. The felons knew the risk they were taking and did it anyway.

Consequences are real, they are deliberate, and they affect you for the rest of your life. They are there so not only you pay for it, but they also serve as a warning to others.

Its as simple as: Follow the law or else!

If you believe in the Bible and God then you completely uderstand that God will lead his flock but will also punish those who slip up, or those who threaten his flock!

Same holds true here. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Dont spare the board! Follow the law
            Of the land, and dont get mad when we punish in the exact same manner that we said we would do! Those who choose to do otherwise have very real consequences.

Sorry but I have to disagree for wanting felons to vote, they have proven to be poor decision makers. Why would you want them to decide things for our country? Or even own firearms?
            Im sure that some fellows are changed and are good people. Fact is most are not and laws are made for the masses not the few!
            +100000000, We were all youths once, but not all stupid. Don't blame youth

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
              Depends... is it marijuana possession with intent to distribute or attempted suicide bombing an airliner?
              none of the above, lets say that a person you thought was a friend but who you had only known a few months was caught with a stolen fourwheeler. they told the cops that they got the fourwheeler from you and the cops arrested your for it. where does that leave you. your broke, young and scared so you cant afford a lawyer and accept a court appointed one. You end with with a felony for theft of 1500 but less than 25000...never in trouble before this and not any trouble for lets say 10 years after...

Comment

ok i cant stand it, i am a felon, i do hunt with a inline modern 209 primer ml. i have been pulled over with it , they know i am a felon . so far no troubles they look the gun over put it back and off i go, not saying to anyone its ok to do that iam just stupid i guess lol. but my understanding is this if trouble arises with it its only a fine and a judge most of the time will dismiss it. to other felons wright your congressman ever week, over a period of time you will have your rights back its a pain, but it is how its done, i send the same letter out that i copied lol 500 copies to be exact of the same letter.they see that iam serious and have not been in trouble for over 8 years actually 13 years but 8 years no traffic tickets nothing illegal, i will have my rights back just matter of time, like hunting be patient send the letter,my ml pistol is my protection. last note if you have one while traveling make it non working missing parts till you get where your hunting.

Comment

i served my time paid my dues , regret haunts many, if a crime was commited felony or not without their being a weapon involved your gun rights should be restored. nuff said...

Comment

It should be that way but it is not. Unless the president pardons a person however, he isn't getting his gun rights back.

Comment

The straw pole will also get you if you buy a gun for someone and do not check it on the papers. If you buy a gun for your family member that does not live with you and they get checked with the gun then you are a straw pole. Gets worse if it's for someone who can not legally buy a gun themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelie View Post
                        felon can't use a crossbow

wee
                        wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Txjourneyman View Post
                          True, you can go in and buy an inline ML without a background check. However buying 209 primers is considered the same as buying centerfire ammo, that is where you are in violation. I have wondered about the CVA Electra. A centerfire ML that uses an electronic ignition source rather than a centerfire primer.
                          Nope. That is not a replica of a ML built before 1899. That is where they will get you. You have it right. Stick with the bow and the sidelock.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post

You jump into a pool your gonna get wet... You knew it when you jumped. Its not a suprise.
                            So what if someone pushed you into this hypathetical pool of yours? What then? Bad things happen to good people all the time. In our country a person is guilty until proven innocent. If you don't believe me, try and fight a traffic ticket in court. Unfortunately, innocence can be purchased for those who can afford it and guilt can be bought and paid for only to be placed on whomever the purchaser deems fit to carry it. It is a screwy system and unless you have ever been persecuted (I used the correct word here because prosecute is not what they do anymore) by this system, you really have no basis for which to make a valid opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion (that is one of the things I fought for when I served this country) and not everyone has to agree with their opinion; but I would like to see opinions made without the use of rose-colored glasses. And that is my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Genevieve View Post
                              I don't agree with taking away someones right to vote either. If they've been sent to prison and released they've done their time. But I also think they should be eating a simple meal and forced to work while in prison. no cable tv, just a bible, paper and something to write with. Its supposed to be prison not disneyland. Sorry got off track.
                              Really???Disneyland ....... It's far from that.

Comment

Good topic

Comment

Working...
                                X