No announcement yet.

double drop on Fisher Ranch and BAO is dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the story behind the fisher and bao? is this a private lease or a day lease? Sounds like alot of people hunt there?? Any answers?

Comment

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
      whats the story behind the fisher and bao? is this a private lease or a day lease? Sounds like alot of people hunt there?? Any answers?
      BAO has half of the ranch leased to season hunters and half to day hunters. This is my first year on the lease so I don't know anything about the Fisher Ranch.

Comment

Bao is a day lease operation that is ran buy a great group of hunters....it is bowhunting only and has been for around eight years.... If I remember right the ranch ios around 7000 acres total, all of the property North of hwy 380 is the day lease operation, all property South of 380 is season lease operation/..

The Fisher ranch is the neigboring ranch to the Southeast of the property south of Hwy 380....

Comment

Fisher Ranch and Johnson Ranch are owned by the same person and adjoin. BAO operates on the 6300 acre Johnson Ranch. We season lease part of it and day hunt part of it. I believe the Fisher is in the neighborhood of 12K acres.

Trailboss

Comment

Dang it, I was 700 acres off in my figuring!!!LOL!!

Comment

ok, here are some pics
              Click image for larger version

Name:	red 12.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	23819296

Name:	red 15.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	23819297

Name:	red 19.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	23819298

Comment

Nice buck. Congrats.

Comment

nice!

Comment

Very Nice Deer!

Comment

everyone on our lease agree this deer was young. however, with so many people say they were hunting the buck we opened him up on our lease. We would have preferred giving him more years. We agree about 3.5 yrs. We want to manage for more of these. Us and BAO have the gene's. I would like all ranches around us to be on the same plan and pass on some of these deer to see their full potential.

Comment

All I can say is "Wow! Nice deer! Congratulations!

Todd

Comment

great deer. bummer about breaking off the drop.

Comment

Originally posted by luv2hunt View Post
                            everyone on our lease agree this deer was young. however, with so many people say they were hunting the buck we opened him up on our lease. We would have preferred giving him more years. We agree about 3.5 yrs. We want to manage for more of these. Us and BAO have the gene's. I would like all ranches around us to be on the same plan and pass on some of these deer to see their full potential.
                            I agree 100% we (across FM578) are working to improve the local herd as well. There are others very near us both that are blasting anything that moves & that stinks for all of us and our efforts. All we can do is try to educate them.

Great deer by the way please direct my congratulations were they are due.

Garry

Comment

Originally posted by luv2hunt View Post
                              Well you obviously can't have it both ways! Great young buck, lots of potential. How big is the hunter, he looks huge compared to the deer!

Comment

Great deer, could have been an incredible deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X