Monster buck...but it makes me sad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ra61hunting View Post
    I personnally think that deer looks ridiculous, but to each his own. I would like to know for my own information where the million dollar value comes from. I understand selling seman, but where is the value to the end user. None of his offspring are going to look like that unless they are also pumped full of roids, hormones and protein. If you are goin to manipulate gentics with genetic engineering, why not develope a more natural (just bigger) deer.

Can't imagine what a feeder would look like after his "roid rage" kicked in.
    To be fair, there is absolutely no genetic engineering or genetic manipulation going on here. Controlled/selective breeding? Yes. But not the other.

Also steroids/hormones will do nothing for antler growth. These deer are not pumped full of them. Protein, however, will help antler growth and I suspect the deer in question has consumed his fair share of it.

I don't like the deer in the original post, but lets not misrepresent what's actually happening.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      How are these comments postively contributing to this thread or the site?
      I would like to know the same. Does this mean y'all have a problem with this site? Don't understand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=systemnt;4136960]Can't speak for anyone but myself.. and I don't have anything against the deer or its rack.
        The issue I have..is that its so obviously been genetically/chemically altered to produce that monstrosity of a rack to the point of being absurd as growing part of what is being accepted as trophy animals, in a stock pen,
        Like JeffJ says, to each his own.. if you want to build your own trophy and then kill it, and hang it on the wall... fine.

Just don't expect everyone to share your belief of what you just did was an accomplishment.[/QUOTE]

Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
          We cant say.
          Then dont comment if you have no relevant reason.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter28 View Post
            Then dont comment if you have no relevant reason.
            Lol skin has gotten so thin around here. Last I checked this isnt a communist site and we are free to comment. This is still the GREATEST forum on the net. I agreed with my old buddy and then chose to keep my comments after i agreed with him to myself. Which I am well within my rights to do. In other words, I decided just to shut my trap for the greater good.
            Last edited by JW; 08-29-2011, 12:02 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by QuackAddict View Post
              Its not even a nice-looking deer, total freak of (non)nature.
              X2 I like a kicker or two, but that's just ugly. Put a nice heavy symmetrical 10 pt next to him, no contest for the best looking rack.

Comment

It's not right to fool with mother nature!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                  Lol skin has gotten so thin around here. Last I checked this isnt a communist site and we are free to comment. This is still the GREATEST forum on the net. I agreed with my old buddy and then chose to keep my comments after i agreed with him to myself. Which I am well within my rights to do. In other words, I decided just to shut my trap for the greater good.
                  LOL.......the ole Ragin Redneck almost re-appeared!!! Glad to see u back on the greenscreen brother with that fancy phone of yours! There has been alot of folks being put in the cooler lately so everything is somewhat off kilter. Don't know if it is the heat, newer members or just testosterone levels but we all grow together!!! Headed to a meeting shortly, give me a holla!

Comment

Do you guys get upset when you see a 25lb turkey at the grocery store?

Comments about not fooling with nature? What is it called when you set a corn feeder up and basically train a deer to arrive at the feeder on time? How about when deer's movements are tracked with trail cameras? How about shooting a deer from 300 yards away? Essentially it's ok to screw with nature just a little bit....but what someone else does is wrong?

It's funny where people decide to draw that line in the sand without realizing we're all standing on the same beach. That deer may not be for everyone but some people like it, and that's why he's here.

Personally I don't think he looks good either, but you could put just about any deer in a pen on full feed with little stress and they are going to grow larger racks than they would on normal range.
                    Last edited by kyle1974; 08-29-2011, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      LOL.......the ole Ragin Redneck almost re-appeared!!! Glad to see u back on the greenscreen brother with that fancy phone of yours! There has been alot of folks being put in the cooler lately so everything is somewhat off kilter. Don't know if it is the heat, newer members or just testosterone levels but we all grow together!!! Headed to a meeting shortly, give me a holla!
                      But he didnt!!!! Holla at you in a couple hours or so.

Oh, i agree with most everyone. Thats a heck of a deer. Free ranging he would make my knees shatter. But not what this deer has come from. Reguardless, he's a beautiful animal to me.

Comment

I'm guessing the pictures are trying to show us what proper deer densities will do for antler growth?........

What Chew said!

Comment

Originally posted by jcso139 View Post
                          I agree but I would shoot him!
                          X2

Comment

Originally posted by elkaholic View Post
                            not even the same animal that i hunt. Its a whole different species as far as im concerned.
                            ftw

Comment

I. Would shoot him just to put him out of his misery. no wounder he is laying down. poor deer cant keep his head up. Sad sad sad!!!
                              Not my cup of tea

Comment

Seeing big farm raised deer does nothing for me. Now a picture of a 140ish buck on my lease will get me fired up to the point of not being abale to sleep or work....

Comment

Working...
                                X