No announcement yet.

Monster buck...but it makes me sad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not worth arguing about IMO, I wont be shooting one, with a bow, on my little slice of heaven......in my lifetime.

Im with Chew, a perfect 8 or a trashy freak wandering the creek bottoms is my cup of tea.

Comment

That is WHY I will never PAY to shoot a deer. It dont matter what you do it still ends up in someone like the operation aboves pocket. Dont like it and wont support it.

Comment

huge deer, I can only imagine what it would be like to stumble upon him outside of a fence.

Comment

Put him out in the wild and he wont be that impressive. Anyone can grow them big if you give them good food.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
            I've got mixed emotions about deer like that... If I saw him in te wild that would be a way different story but something about him being in a pen just doesn't do it for me.
            They will let it go into a bigger pen before you shoot it.

Comment

I think it just depends on folks' personal preference. We may be a little biased on this forum...I mean, why do we bowhunt? We're more interested in the experience and challenge of the hunt.

Most folks out there in a blind with a .270 are either looking to just fill their freezer or pay for a giant trophy for the wall. They don't care about all the other critters they get to see in the woods. They won't freeze or sweat, go without sleep, or get sore hikin' into their spot. That's just not enough for us, and that's why a smaller natural deer means more to us.

I don't see this deer any different from those meat chickens that've been bred to grow so big so fast that they can't walk. There's a market for both and this is America...I'd never begrudge anyone the opportunity to produce a product for which there's a demand...but I wouldn't feel good about myself taking such a "trophy."

Comment

Originally posted by trjones87 View Post
                I hate what hunting has turned into...
                Me too...along with this site.

Comment

He'd need to put a little more mass on before I'd shoot him. Let him walk...

Comment

Originally posted by Bowwiz View Post
                    Me too...along with this site.
                    What do you mean "along with thus site"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mhbaseball View Post
                      depressing
                      X2

Comment

I cant even feel good about shooting deer on ranches with tall fences ...but a lot of heartache went into growing that monster...he didnt just appear with feed and a few straws of seman. Give me wide open ole Mexico and Im fine tall fences going up over there too with altered genetics being let loose apart from being kidnapped or truck stolen..I am moving into a new carreer as a whitewing outfitter...beer drinkin storyteller....canned meat hunts are also available

Comment

What ever happened to hunting an animal the way they were intended to be hunted... in their natual environment, fair chase and without human beings screwing with their genetics?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            Give me a mature free roamin' 8 pt over that thing any day.
                            Yeppers,and be Proud as h*ll with it!

Comment

Originally posted by trjones87 View Post
                              I hate what hunting has turned into...
                              It is not this way in other states...

Comment

He looks misrable !

Comment

Working...
                                X