Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Monster buck...but it makes me sad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I'm too old to accept the fact that wild deer are to become livestock and "hunted/shopped" for. I have hunted a couple of large highfenced places and the deer were wild, but it does take a little away from the enjoyment. But, highfence and "breeding facility" are completly different.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      And it's not "pursuit" ......oh nevermind on that part..

Yes it is possible to kill a big buck without spending lots. But odds are way higher on a HF place. And who cares about one of the few LF places left in Texas? Why do you insist arguements are not valid because you can find 1 or 2 places out of thousands that are different? If I say most bars do not have easy hot chicks, just because you find a bar with easy hot chicks does not mean MOST bars have easy hot chicks. Get it?
      Rat...

There're more ranches than I care to post that parallel the King in quality and cost. I use it as an example because most people have heard of it! You can look them up as easy as I can list each and every single one of them.

I answered your ownership question previously... It's Grey!

I also gave you the legislation for which privatization of such animals is on the docket.

I'm done with these ownership idiocies... I have given you the resources to confirm what several have told you on countless occasions !

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
        Well we are over 20yrs in to deer being bred and raised in breeding facilities. With that in mind no deer in breeder pens ever roamed Moss Hill or any other area of Texas. The exception would be if it was done illegaly but that wouldnt make sense.

If I had a breeder pen, which I dont, the deer inside of it come from other breeders and you would probably have to go back 5+ generations to even sniff a deer that was captured and put in a breeder pen.

You can get DMP permits that allow you to trap, breed and release wild deer using a breeder buck. Very different animal than a breeder pen.

If a deer dies, records are kept and available to TPWD at their request. The industry has a ton of regulation.

Once a deer is released out of a breeder pen it is no longer owned by the breeder, etc. It is treated as any other animal and subject to applicable game laws.
        Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

It happens, this is a good friend of mines Kansas state record! Low fence!!!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Hornography

Comment

Originally posted by UncleCharlie View Post
              Yep 3 breeders. The buck in my avatar and two that are 185 inch mainframe 10s with some trash that will get them at or just over 200. Our does nurse their fawns. No AI, no bottles, no DNA. We separate them from their moms at about 6-8 months and put all the fawn does in one pen and bucks in another and turn them out at 1.5 after they have a year to get accustomed.

I think you've helped me make my point which was that all breeders are not these mad scientists that are shooting deer full of steroids and manipulating genetics and it's not all the worst case scenario that many are arguing. What we are doing is the equivalent of DMPing but we had to buy something to get started with.

I won't begin to argue what goes on in the top one percent of breeding operations because i dont know but again based on what I've experienced and
              the operations I've seen there are more mom and pops than million dollar a year research and development breeders.

Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Bhuntinfishn View Post
                What a moose! Very awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                  Messing with genetics and altering them to accomplish deer like this is wrong IMO.

I would further comment on this but there's no need in ruffling feathers...
                  Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Bhuntinfishn View Post
                    One thing I notice is how the points round off on the farmed deer and the points are real defined on the wild deer.

Comment

I agree......whats the thrill in paying for a big buck like that it doesn't look natural, I would much rather shoot a 140" or so free range "natural' deer that I worked my but off and put in hours on the stand, and scouting, etc, than shoot something like that for money that you already know is there not hunting IMO......even though Im sure its over 300"

Comment

He would need a big live oak to get all the velvet off!

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                          I've got mixed emotions about deer like that... If I saw him in te wild that would be a way different story but something about him being in a pen just doesn't do it for me.
                          x2

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                            Messing with genetics and altering them to accomplish deer like this is wrong IMO.

I would further comment on this but there's no need in ruffling feathers...
                            splain "altering genetics"....please...

Comment

"steroids" don't grow antlers on deer any more than they do on cycle riders.....or baseball players....

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                                Give me a mature free roamin' 8 pt over that thing any day.
                                I agree totally.

Comment

Working...
                                X