No announcement yet.

Monster buck...but it makes me sad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The virus is out and now uncontrolable. We should have banned together several years ago before our corrupt goverment and TPWD were bought off with the Big Money people. Our only hope is that the straws on these freaks will become like the $1,000,000+ bulls, about $50. Then TPWL can start releasing these freaks into the Nat Forest like they do trout. You guys think East Texas is eximpt!! My life long, paid for place is now surrounded on 3 sides by the big wire. Talk about pead off

Comment

Thirty years ago it was front page news when a 160 class buck was killed. The story would spread like wildfire around the state and everyone would wait to see a picture in the local paper. Those were the days when hunting whitetail was a pure sport. The big buck contests were just that. They did not need categories ranging from low fence to scientific breeder alien deer. I understand the breeder business and am very close to one of the top programs in the state. Killing genetic freaks recently released from pens is not my thing and really makes me miss the old days when hunters actually had to hunt. It is a shame that it has evolved into what it has. Maximizing native genetics thru management is one thing. Messing with mother nature in a laboratory is another.

Comment

Hahahaha

Originally posted by TyWebb View Post
        That deer has the look on his face kinda like my dog after we get him shaved, a little embarrassed.
        That's a good one Tye!

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
          I've got mixed emotions about deer like that... If I saw him in te wild that would be a way different story but something about him being in a pen just doesn't do it for me.
          That's the point tho. You won't see that in the wild. I think the state should catch does from all over and let them breed these ridiculous bucks and release them back to the wild to spread the genetics.

Comment

There is a reason they do this...MONEY. Some people will pay HUGE dollars to shoot a deer like this. Would I shoot it if I saw it in the wild....of course. That is a FREAK! Who wouldn't shoot that deer if it came by their stand at 20 yards. If you say you wouldn't, I would be willing to put money on it that you would. That would be a buck of a life time....IMO

Comment

Just not a fan at all of messing with mother nature that much. That deer will never be considered a wild deer in my opinion. High fenced areas with large acreage spreads are still wild animal habitat but when they start adding deer from small breeder farms with supped up genetics..... to me its not the same as a truly wild animal.....but I'd shoot it if it escaped LOL

Comment

Just not for me is bout all I can say. Don't even want to get into the politics, ethics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                  X2

X3 I would rather pay a million bucks for an old mature "Naturally Grown" 180 class deer than do any hunting where genetic altering has been involved.

Comment

Yep, just another roid pumped pen raised deer! Deer like this just dont exist in the wild!

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                      I've got mixed emotions about deer like that... If I saw him in te wild that would be a way different story but something about him being in a pen just doesn't do it for me.
                      agree totally.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                        That is correct!

4 miles x 4 miles with a natural spring fed river bottom lined with pecan trees, oaks and mountain juniper (Hill Country cedar). Acreage....habitat.....clear and cool water shaded by huge pecans = nothing but what the Texas Hills within their habitat provides. No hunting, no pressure, grow old till they drop dead of natural causes = Texas Hill Country genetics allowed to do what they have done for thousands of years. Whats surprising to some.....the genetics are there...sure some of the old mature bucks don't sport quality bone but the few that do...do so with respect.

This is just one of many scenes I follow as the years roll on. I study them and learn....I've learned a lot and it's amazing to me to see what they eat to get here. Fungus on Oak trees....knock a big old branch full of that funny growth stuff and watch what NATURAL whitetail do...they fight over the nibblings LOL!

Days, weeks and months have been spent studying this habitat and my photos of these guys basically tell the real story...without HUMAN involvement...they will grow. If this place was hunted....less than 3 or 4 seasons....it would look the same as everywhere else. My thought.....don't hunt them for a few years and just let it go...hard to do but here's what you get...if the habitat has what they need.....it doesn't cost a time to get here.

Hunting bones....kind of funny in a way to me but...I've been there too. Guess I'm getting old and my joy is taking a different turn...going a different direction...to get these shots I'm hunting hard. Lord knows how much of my life is tied up into a few pixels. Had I had the green light to hunt them....I know I simply couldn't do it because...this place is special and special places are so far between now.

For those who have asked me where....it's my special place and I'm keeping it safe and free. As mentioned....HUMANS can ruin a place like this....not on my watch.

Comment

Not for me either. That seems more like shopping to me when it comes to these places. I prefer low fence let God bless you with what he sends you, not what you have to pay for.

Comment

Took away the beauty of a whitetail deer!!:/

Comment

its sad to see, in the second pic you can tell he doesnt like his horns.. he just looks sad.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324868898.969647.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	24038923This is the new world record. Over 600"

Comment

Working...
                                X