Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly!!

Originally posted by WyoHunter View Post
    This buck reminds of a body builder who has overdosed on steroids. He's just not natural.
    We have all seen the magazines on the racks with guys looking almost alien in their apprearance. And I won't even look at the WOMEN body builders!!!! FREAKY!

I love a typical rack. Non-typicals just don't do it for me.

Comment

Wish I owned the semen rights. Looks stupid to hunters, looks like retirement to a deer breeder.

Comment

"Rural Legend"

Originally posted by illinibowhunter View Post
        I know a man that helps out at a deer farm. He says the deer are pumped full of steroids and all that trash is from making small nicks in the velvet.
        Your buddy is mis-informed about the deer being pumped full of steroids.

We raise racehorses, Paints & Quarter Horses. If I had a dollar for everytime I hear "They pump those horses up with steroids" (which is false), I could buy the Million Dollar Buck in the original post.

Most High Fence operations are intensive operations. Whether it is supplemental feeding, food plots, selective breeding, etc... it is intensively managed and the average hunter doesn't have a clue of what happens inside the fenceline. I guided at a 2500 acre HF operation for 8 years. We fed 30,000 lbs of protein a month, year round in open access feeders. The buck to doe ratio was 2 to 1. It was a totally different experience from hunting a low fence area. I could honestly promise my client that they would see 20-50 bucks each time we sat in a blind. But the feeders were 175 yards from the blinds & the deer were VERY wary.

One poster here stated the obvious. Antlers composed of minerals, not steroids. Would I be interested in shooting that deer with a bazillion points? No, but I would like to see what his offspring look like.

Happy hunting everyone.
        Last edited by Tejas Wildlife; 11-23-2011, 02:26 PM.

Comment

It's kinda like a woman with fake boobs. Sure, they're not real, but I'm still going to look. It's technology, get with it, or get out of the way.

Comment

crazy big, but doesnt seem like hunting to shoot a farm raised animal. Plus I cant even aford a lease much less something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_25 View Post
              Saw it on another forum and I still dont like it. And a lot of people did say if they saw it in the wild that most would shoot it but thats the point, you would never see anything like that in the wild.
              Key words being in the wild. Thats not in the wild!

Comment

Originally posted by JWHunt View Post
                Before we put up the high fence there were very few deer in this area because of over hunting and poaching now we have a wonderful place to hunt and see some fantastic deer like it use to be. we would not or could not have anything like this with out the high fence.
                Wow. Been deer in Texas the 46 years I've been alive.

Comment

Sucks deer huntin has become a huge money game.I hunt public n semi public land and value my (little bitty 8pts more than I would that freak

Comment

But I kinda like fake boobs

Comment

The sad part is someone will pay big $ to shoot him inside a pen and then mount it bragging about how he shoots big bucks.

Comment

I sure hope they don't start doing that with Ducks!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                          What ever happened to hunting an animal the way they were intended to be hunted... in their natual environment, fair chase and without human beings screwing with their genetics?
                          Alive and well in East Texas.

A mature buck in my woods is WAY more impressive to me than anything you can "buy".

I would like to sell that buck and or his offspring to those willing to pay for the trophy.

Comment

I think that "engineered deer" are a shame... but to each his/her own. If your thing is shooting one in the pen then go for it.

Makes my quest that much sweeter IMO.

Comment

It's a distinctive animal, all right, even bizarre. But it has nothing to do with what I know to be hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by sniper steve View Post
                                It's kinda like a woman with fake boobs. Sure, they're not real, but I'm still going to look. It's technology, get with it, or get out of the way.
                                I'll get out of the way then

Comment

Working...
                                X