Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it illegal to shoot bow in your yard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My neighbors know that I shoot in my backyard......shhhhh.....don't tell anyone else, though

Comment

Originally posted by berto View Post
      texastom where did you find that info? I just moved into clute and would like to know where to look that info up at
      I went to my city website and click on their ornidance link. You can word search the ordinances.

I looked up clute. Looks like your allowed to shoot bows inside city limits.

here is the link:

MunicodeNEXT, the industry's leading search application with over 3,300 codes and growing!

Comment

Thanks for the link

Comment

I lost all of my bows in a tragic boating accident.

Comment

I live in Copperas Cove and I fling arrows down range (in my yard) every evening. The neighbors have never said anything, and the cops have yet to show up. But after reading this post, I think I should do some research.

Comment

Originally posted by jtilden View Post
              I live in Copperas Cove and I fling arrows down range (in my yard) every evening. The neighbors have never said anything, and the cops have yet to show up. But after reading this post, I think I should do some research.
              Not that it is the end all but I did a municode search of Copperas Cove ordinances under "bow", "arrow", "archery", "shooting" and "weapon" and did not see any ordinances restricting shooting in the city limits.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyTX View Post
                San Antonio Municipal code

Sec. 21-13. - Missiles.

It shall be unlawful for any person within the city to throw stones or other missiles, or to shoot with a bow and arrow, or to shoot or discharge any stone or other missile with or from a sling or from an elastic spring.
                Ah Ha! I KNEW I saw that somewhere...I didn't look under the missles section...looks like I was right to begin with. Much appreciated

Comment

I shoot my longbow in my apartment. I wonder if that's legal???

Comment

Let the flaming begin...

I'm amazed at the number of folks posting with the attitude of "if they don't know about it, it's no problem." Makes me wonder what else is "ok" unless they're caught.

Comment

Things sure have changed in Lake Jackson.
                      My neighbor, who is now a major with TPWD, and the rest of us on the street, used to bow hunt rabbits and coons in what used to be woods between Carnation and Center Way.

Of course this was in the early '70s.

Comment

Dude.... Seriously...... Grow a pair and shoot your bow in your back yard.

Unless you're a horrible shot, Then do it in the hallway of your house!!!
                        Ha

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                          Dude.... Seriously...... Grow a pair and shoot your bow in your back yard.

Unless you're a horrible shot, Then do it in the hallway of your house!!!
                          Ha
                          Thanks for the encouraging words.

Comment

Originally posted by mlmtx01 View Post
                            My next door neighbor at A&M used to put his bow target in his kitchen then shoot from the front sidewalk through his living room and into the target. If he missed that target, he was going to hit his icebox. It was cool.
                            "It was cool", so the icebox was running, as in moving target?...

40yrs ago when I lived in an apartment I missed the target and shot my neighbors painting. He threw it away before his wife came home, one of her old boyfriends had painted it, he just told her he was tired of looking at it.

Cost me a case of beer...LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
                              Let the flaming begin...

I'm amazed at the number of folks posting with the attitude of "if they don't know about it, it's no problem." Makes me wonder what else is "ok" unless they're caught.
                              No flaming; just a question for you:
                              So you've never driven over the posted speed limit, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawg Slayer 4 View Post
                                im pretty sure its legal in frisco i checked awhile back
                                Yeah, that is the way I have read it.

Comment

Working...
                                X