black bear killed in kerr county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bonehead View Post
    Not bashing, just curious. Is it because of his size, location, or are you just against bear hunting in general. Isn't 98% of bear hunting for the story.
    the story?

no... we would hunt bear in northern michigan. my grandpa would trap them...

some of the better meat I have eaten!!!

and some awesome rugs/blankets

Comment

So now we can come to the conclusion that all snakes should be killed too, Right?
      Cause all snakes are threating to me.
      How is a bear that so thirsty be a threat to anything but a water supply?

Comment

Originally posted by ZZ Pops View Post
        Umm, did you read the part about this being an endangered species?
        That's pretty much common knowledge if your a Texas hunter, but thanks. I agree shouldn't have shot him unless he was threatened, which he may have been. Just thought most bear hunting was for the glory and the story like poster was against.

Comment

..... ask the hikers or the man that got mauled in front of his wife if bears don't threaten people.

Nobody knows what happened in the story..... chit 100 lb dog could kill a man easily much less a bear with claws.

If the man had to shoot it good........... don't prosecute the man over a news story

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Archer View Post
            the story?

no... we would hunt bear in northern michigan. my grandpa would trap them...

some of the better meat I have eaten!!!

and some awesome rugs/blankets
            Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Never heard anyone making use of it.

Comment

Its a Shame cause there is not that many in Texas, and with people shooting them everytime they feel like it looks at u funny,ther never will be...

Comment

Originally posted by Zeeter View Post
                ..... ask the hikers or the man that got mauled in front of his wife if bears don't threaten people.

Nobody knows what happened in the story..... chit 100 lb dog could kill a man easily much less a bear with claws.

If the man had to shoot it good........... don't prosecute the man over a news story
                a 103# bear is going to run as fast as it can from anything resembling a human/predator.
                It will not stand and fight. it will not become aggressive, and it most certainly not attack.
                The fact he had dogs with him would have made this bear retreat even faster.
                My guess.. the bear never even knew he was there.
                Again not calling the girly-man a liar. If he said he was scared, then he was scared.

Comment

Agreed on this...we Dont know the truth..Heck a Wild House cat can do some damage on a 225lb man (Dont ask me how I know)

Comment

That is a shame, that bear was killed within a very short distance from my lease!!!! Would be awesome to see a bear on our place

Comment

Originally posted by ty729 View Post
                      Probably trying to get into his Yeti!

http://www.ksat.com/image/28836717/detail.html
                      Best post yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                        So now we can deduct that a man is a liar from a news story?
                        Deduce :P

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Comment

there is a difference between a GRIZZLY in yellowstone. and a BARELY 100 lb. black bear in texas (that is probably dehydrated and not at 100% strength). I missed a hog the other night that was bigger than that at 10 yards in the brush that posed more of a threat than that bear probably was...

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post
                            Agreed on this...we Dont know the truth..Heck a Wild House cat can do some damage on a 225lb man (Dont ask me how I know)
                            Hahahahaha yeah my wife has got a cat that I'd like to run a rage through.......

I agree this Bear was probably shot in wrong but I mean no one know the story and probably never will. I wouldn't want a bear on my "wildlife preserve" hahahahaha with little kids playing or fishing by the pond

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Archer View Post
                              there is a difference between a GRIZZLY in yellowstone. and a BARELY 100 lb. black bear in texas (that is probably dehydrated and not at 100% strength). I missed a hog the other night that was bigger than that at 10 yards in the brush that posed more of a threat than that bear probably was...
                              Is there a difference though.......?

Glad you were a big enough man to be with in 10 yards of a hog. You wouldn't believe it if I told you but I know some people that jump on their back and stab them..... oh my hahahahaha Just being a smart A bud

A bear is a bear is a bear..... maybe this guy had kids or something

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead View Post
                                Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Never heard anyone making use of it.
                                Here is a bear my cousin got.

only picture I could find here at work of one of the bears we shot back home

Comment

Working...
                                X