black bear killed in kerr county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
    I somehow don't believe he was threatend by that little bitty bear..........but no one will ever no since it is his word against no one else.....
    His water was threatened!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post
      Its a Shame cause there is not that many in Texas, and with people shooting them everytime they feel like it looks at u funny,ther never will be...
      This^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Thumper View Post
        Wow, sad to see so many pass judgement on a man from a story. If I walked up on a pool and a bear came over the other side I would blast it, 15 pounds or 500 I wouldnt care, Im guessing if it were a 100 pound mountain lion the feelings would be different even though both can kill you grave yard dead regardless of the endangered part.
        I passed on a large female Cougar 14 years ago in Comanche County along the Sabana River. I was 16 feet up in a tree with a bow in hand. She came within 18 yards of my tree, only problem I had with shooting her was the three cubs with her that were less than a year old. I was scared out of my wits, but I didn’t shoot her! The worst part was once she was out of sight I realized it was less than an hour till sunset and my truck was parked a long ways from my setup… It was the scariest walk in or out of the woods I have ever made! We hunted this place for 6 years saw the cats a couple times a year the first few and then they were gone! No tracks, sightings, nothing. Not everyone lives in panic mode/kill or be killed!

Comment

You guys are brutal...lmao!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Thumper View Post
            Wow, sad to see so many pass judgement on a man from a story. If I walked up on a pool and a bear came over the other side I would blast it, 15 pounds or 500 I wouldnt care, Im guessing if it were a 100 pound mountain lion the feelings would be different even though both can kill you grave yard dead regardless of the endangered part.
            x1000

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              I passed on a large female Cougar 14 years ago in Comanche County along the Sabana River. I was 16 feet up in a tree with a bow in hand. She came within 18 yards of my tree, only problem I had with shooting her was the three cubs with her that were less than a year old. I was scared out of my wits, but I didn’t shoot her! The worst part was once she was out of sight I realized it was less than an hour till sunset and my truck was parked a long ways from my setup… It was the scariest walk in or out of the woods I have ever made! We hunted this place for 6 years saw the cats a couple times a year the first few and then they were gone! No tracks, sightings, nothing. Not everyone lives in panic mode/kill or be killed!
              I understand, and Im sure you were scared walking out. Up a tree 16' is a little different than being eye level and 10 yards face to face though. Good job on letting her walk with her cubs though Good man right their....

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                A bear on your lease will re-define deer feeders.
                Thats for sure, I am sure there would be some issues having bears on your hunting property, where there's feed, etc..... But still would be cool to see a bear in the wild with the kids and wife at the lease

Comment

What are they calling a "private wildlife preserve"?

Comment

Originally posted by ronny View Post
                    x1000

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      What are they calling a "private wildlife preserve"?
                      The YO ranchlands man..... hahaahhaahhaaha

Comment

Thats is too bad. Very unfortunate.

Comment

Pretty dern pathetic is all I got...Scared of a cub!

Comment

I repeatedly kicked the living **** out of a bear MUCH bigger than that 2 years ago (he was a relocated garbage thief). That is little more than a cub. Unless it was rabid or 1/2 starved, the only thing that little guy felt was scared out of his mind. I would be more worried about a wild or stray dog that that little guy...

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntermac View Post
                              I repeatedly kicked the living **** out of a bear MUCH bigger than that 2 years ago (he was a relocated garbage thief). That is little more than a cub. Unless it was rabid or 1/2 starved, the only thing that little guy felt was scared out of his mind. I would be more worried about a wild or stray dog that that little guy...
                              You fought a bear? Wheres the video or pics of that... Produce em or it never happened!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Dude is a coward. Killing a little bear all because he crossed it's path.

Comment

Working...
                                X