Macie :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
    5 years ago today at this time the Gardner family's lives changed forever. At this time our Macie was in the ER, and we had no idea what was going on, whether she was going to make it or not. The list of unknowns goes on and on. I've always considered myself a Christian man, but that day and days following tested my faith more than ever. I just couldn't understand how God could let this happen. Not necessarily blaming him just didn't understand it. I soon realized that I had to put it in his hands and all I could do was pray. I think at that moment, I became closer to God than I had ever been or even realized a man could be. I soon found myself sitting with other parents trying to comfort them as they were the new guys on the floor.

It was a long fall, but through prayer and my TBH family (which grew tremendously) we made it. Is it easy, heck no! Do we complain? I hope it doesn't come off that way. While I'm still not sure of the end result of all this, I can see some of the ways God has used this for good. First of all it has brought many new people into our lives, nurses, Dr's and even our insurance rep ( she calls 2-3 times a year to see if we need anything and to check on Macie). I hope you all know how I feel about our nurses! And for the most part the dr's are all very good to us. 2nd the TBH'ers I have meet or talked to via the forum, you have held me together through some of the worst times in my life and for that I think each and every one of you. But probably most importantly is my family (Keili, Harleyand Tyler)I was always told that we had a very close family. But Macies accident brought us closer than you can imagine. I didn't really see it until this past year when Harley went off to college at Ole Miss. We talk at the very least 5 days a week. It may be just a quick text but it's something. I first worried that she was missing home but it never stopped. Then as we made a few trips to watch the team shoot a match and the other girls on the team would call us parents or my other mom and dad I realized that she is really talking about her family.

We are so blessed to still have Macie with us and I thank God ever morning and night for allowing us to spend another day with his earthly angel.

Love you Macie girl

God bless you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

God is good. God bless your family.

Comment

Keep pluggin', Brian. Been a long and busy five years, huh. I know when me and my family were going through tough times I would keep saying, "I just want my family to be happy and healthy." So many folks take these simple things for granted. God bless y'all. Love ya, Macie!

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Very well put Brian. Your family has touched so many lives here on TBH and outside of our group as well. Ya'll have shown faith, love and persistence above anyone else I know, y'all inspire lots of people to keep on keeping on.

I remember the day I first read about Macie, I knew I had to pray and get as involved as I could.

I'm so grateful to call the Gardner's my friends and I feel like y'all are part of our family.

We will continue to pray for all of you and watch as we have in the past seeing God do great things through each of you.

Thank you all for being such an inspiration and Blessing to us.

God Bless the Gardner's

Comment

Thinking and praying about you guys on a regular basis Brian, God is Good!

Comment

Happy Tuesday Macie gal, stay cool in this hot mess.

Comment

Brian, you have no idea how your family has touched each and every member of this group. Even though many of us don't know you personally, we do know you. Prayers continue to go up for you and yours.

Comment

Thank you for opening up as an example for others. The faith, strength, and love shows in your words. I have appreciated your counsel and will continue to hold you, Macie and your whole family in my prayers.

Comment

Continues pray

Comment

I continue to pray for the Gardner Family, healing for the girls and peace, joy and understanding for dad. God didn't cause this to happen to your family, Brian. I've told you before that there is a spiritual enemy here on earth that prowls around to try and destroy families like ours. But the good news is Jesus paid the price for us to have victory over that enemy. He paid for Macie and Keili's health. Just keep declaring it and don't doubt or get weary in keeping up that fight. We're with ya, brother!

Comment

Brian, you an inspiration. You've held it together and have shown strength and courage through it all. My prayers will always be with you and your beautiful family. My the Lord continue to guide you and give you strength. Stay strong brother, and Macie, keep your old man on his saddle for us. God bless.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

Comment

Happy Friday Macie. Hoping you will have a good weekend and that maybe you can go swimming. We're continuing to pray for you sweetheart and asking God to continue to use you and your family.

Brian, praying things are better for y'all all-round. As stated above many times the Gardner's are an inspiration to so many here and other places.

Any news about Keili's test, also has the SJS rash gone down/away on Macie?

We're getting told that we will have up to 5 inches of rain by Monday night here. Hope that you get some of it there also. We really need it here, it's going to bring some cooler weather next week for us. We REALLY want to see that!

God Bless the Gardner's
                            Last edited by BowCrazy; 08-12-2016, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Hello Macie. Welcome to Marvelous Monday.

Hope you had a good weekend and got to do lots of fun things.

Praying for you!

God Bless the Gardner's!

Comment

Hey Macie gal, hope your week is going great for you. Stay dry and keep smiling!

Comment

Working...
                                X