No announcement yet.

Macie :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys/gals I guess I'm looking for opinions. This may be long.....

Keili told me last night that in the past 3 weeks, she has had 4 different people that we should/should have put Macie in a home. That way we would be able to go on with our lives and make a living. Now you know us and THAT will never happen!! Yes we struggle financially. Keili barely works because she is always taking off to go to Dr appointments. BUT we always have food and our house is warm/cool, our kids don't need/want for much. No, our house isn't pretty (it was built in 1920) our remodeling plans have been put on the slow burner. But that doesn't matter, like I said it keeps us dry and warm and we continue to have laughs in it.

But that's not really not my point of this. It's how in the heck could someone honestly put their child in a home just so that they could go on with their life, not to be bothered with it. I couldn't! I can't even imagine. I mean it has never even crossed my mind and I promise it hasn't crossed Kelli's mind. The thought just brings tears to my eyes. I guess, now thinking about it, it happens all the time. I hope I don't offend anyone, maybe someone is in that situation. Maybe I'm just blessed to have the job I have and able to make it on what we have. But we have had to make sacrifices in order to make it work but that's ok.

Thanks for listening
    Brian

Comment

Guys/gals I guess I'm looking for opinions. This may be long.....

Keili told me last night that in the past 3 weeks, she has had 4 different people that we should/should have put Macie in a home. That way we would be able to go on with our lives and make a living. Now you know us and THAT will never happen!! Yes we struggle financially. Keili barely works because she is always taking off to go to Dr appointments. BUT we always have food and our house is warm/cool, our kids don't need/want for much. No, our house isn't pretty (it was built in 1920) our remodeling plans have been put on the slow burner. But that doesn't matter, like I said it keeps us dry and warm and we continue to have laughs in it.

But that's not really not my point of this. It's how in the heck could someone honestly put their child in a home just so that they could go on with their life, not to be bothered with it. I couldn't! I can't even imagine. I mean it has never even crossed my mind and I promise it hasn't crossed Kelli's mind. The thought just brings tears to my eyes. I guess, now thinking about it, it happens all the time. I hope I don't offend anyone, maybe someone is in that situation. Maybe I'm just blessed to have the job I have and able to make it on what we have. But we have had to make sacrifices in order to make it work but that's ok.

Thanks for listening
      Brian

Comment

You and Keili are an inspiration to all of us on TBH. You guys, along with your kids, have shown the rest of us what family and compassion are all about. I can only hope that if I am ever faced with what you guys are going through that I will be that compassionate.
        Give Macie a kiss for us and we'll keep praying for a miracle. "All things are possible through Christ who strengthens me."

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
          You and Keili are an inspiration to all of us on TBH. You guys, along with your kids, have shown the rest of us what family and compassion are all about. I can only hope that if I am ever faced with what you guys are going through that I will be that compassionate.

Give Macie a kiss for us and we'll keep praying for a miracle. "All things are possible through Christ who strengthens me."

I can't add a thing. Well said and continued prayers...

Comment

i just don't think that we are doing or feel any different than ,most of you reading this. Or any parents would feel. I don't maybe we are different and I just want to think the best of everyone. But this really has me, I guess bothered is the word. I'm not really upset, I not going to lose sleep over it. But I do keep thinking about it.

Now y'all have me rambling. Lol

Brian

Comment

I keep telling myself it takes all kinds Brian. Sadly, not everyone in this world believe as we do. If they did, globally I feel we would not be faced with many of the issues we have today. Hold your head high brother, y'all are doing a mighty fine job and are excellent parents! Mucho love broski

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                Very well said! I can't think of any better words to say.

You and your family, Brain, are an inspiration for all.

I understand what you are trying to tell us. It is sad that there is such an option and it is sadder some people actually consider and take that horrible option. For whatever reason, some people choose to go down a different and darker road just to ease the load.

If I were in your shoes, I would think as you and Kelli do. I'd choose to carry the load and keep my family together as is.

God bless you and know that my prayers are always with you.

Comment

Good morning Sunshine, thinking about you Macie gal. Have a great day and enjoy your snuggle time, looks like your in for several days of it.

Comment

Prayers added for you and your family.

Comment

Good morning Macie, have a great day!

Comment

Prayers continue

Comment

Welcome to the weekend Sweetheart.

Praying for you!

God Bless the Gardner's

Comment

Good morning smiley, hope your weekend was a good one. Stay dry today Macie gal.

Comment

Good morning Macie! I hope you had a good weekend and have an even better week.

Comment

Hello Macie, hope you had a great Monday. Praying for you sweetheart.

God Bless the Gardner's.

Comment

Working...
                                X