Macie :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by biglew View Post
    I won't lie to you, it will be weird at first and may be difficult to get used to, but after a while you get used to it.

I would make sure they come from a reputable company and have references. If there is anyone on TBH that can recommend a nurse then that would be good. A hidden nanny-cam is always advisable just as a backup. Get a small safe and put any jewelry and other valuables in it. Expensive things and things you can't replace. Just to be on the safe side (I don't mean to alarm you).

My grandmother had live-in help for a while and we went through a few people (and a few missing items) until we found someone who was reliable and she ended up being almost part of the family. So, there are some bad ones out there, but there are also great ones. If you take the appropriate precautions, you'll probably be fine. You find the right person and it could be a wonderful experience.

We are praying you find someone fantastic for sweet little Macie.

Hang in there, bro.
    I agree. Background checks, references and well spent time together. The safe is a good idea & the nanny cam would be a good investment!

Prayers up for Macie today(:

Comment

I just got caught up on your tragic ordeal. My heart breaks for you and your little girl. I couldn't begin to imagine if I had to go through something like this with my 5 year old daughter. This will make me cherish every moment with my little girl. Please tell Macie that I pray for her to make a full recovery, and I pray for your family to have strength and love to get through this.

Comment

Prayers still going up for you Macie.

Comment

If anyone would like to donate to Macie and her family check out the thread below!

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
            Sure can tell when PT/OT works Macie hard, she is out! She isn't even grinding her teeth. Of course she is missing the Christmas shows on ABC.

I know this is a long shot and hopefully no one can answer it. They are saying that once Macie is home, we will be able to have a nurse come in and stay with her while we work. Has anyone else had this before? Just uneasy about a stranger being in our house for 8 hours, while we aren't there, and taking care of Macie. I know they are professionals and should be trusted. Any thoughts?

Brian
            Perfect time for mounting a trail camera sir to ease your mind and check out a few days of images or video to be certain. Who says they are just for hunting anyway.

Prayers sent up some more!

Comment

Prayers sent up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                Oh my goodness!!! PLEASE KEEP THE PRAYERS COMING. THEY ARE WORKING!!! We just had two open eyes and a slight grip of the hands! I know we have miles to go but at least we are on the road.

Thank you all for the prayers and concerns. Please keep the up.

Will someone post a link to the original thread in case someone missed it. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                If you don't mind my asking what happened to macie?

Comment

She was playing outside with two neighbor boys on Aug 4. She had a arythemia which caused a seizer. That made her go into cardiac arrest. The boys thought she was being shocked so 911 didn't want anybody to touch her for fear of them getting shocked. She was without oxygen for about 15-20 min. She has massive brain damage which according to Dr's is not going to heal.

I can't say it enough, thank each and everyone of you for everything you have done and the thoughts and prayers. I can honestly say that I couldn't get through this without TBH. THANK'S

Brian

Comment

Brian I cringe at the thought of what happened and you and your entire family will continue to be in our prayers. Always remember The will of God won't take you , where the grace of God won't protect you.

Comment

Continued prayers for your family

Comment

Prayers continue for Macie and her family.

Comment

Hey Macie, Good evening, been praying for you today and looking forward to what God is is going to do!!

Comment

Hey Macie - Thinking about you this evening. We're watching "The Grinch" on tv. Good as always.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwood_Barbie View Post
                              I agree. Background checks, references and well spent time together. The safe is a good idea & the nanny cam would be a good investment!

Prayers up for Macie today(:
                              BigLew and Barbie have good ideas. Better safe than sorry.

You may find someone through your Church or friends by asking if they know of anyone in a similar care situation. A few years ago when my Father was sick we found a man who took care of older people while at the ReHab hospital. We were lucky it was not through a service and was introduced by friends. The nurses out there said he did a good job when he was helping individual patients out there. A good nurse can be a wonderful source of information. As it turned out John was really like an Angel. Think I'll add an Angel to my prayer list for y'all.

Comment

Good Night sweet baby girl ! Im still praying for you !

I cant imagine what you and your wife are going through! I have two babies
                                10 and 6. God speed to you all !

Comment

Working...
                                X