X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More prayers up for Macie!

Comment

Hate to hear this news.

There is no answer to "why" that would justify or subside the hurt of having to watch your angel go through this, Brian. Just hang in there and keep doing all y'all can.

Thoughts and prayers often, Macie!
      Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Originally posted by txmedic View Post
        merciful and loving heavenly father, we ask for your healing hand to touch little macie and that the peace that passes all understanding would envelop this family. Lord god, take them in your arms and show yourself to them in a mighty way! In your son's precious name, amen!
        amen

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
          Oh, I hate to hear that, Brian. If I understood correctly, I think you said they did tests to see how she would respond to the baklifin (sp?) before the pump was put in. This is probably a dumb question, but is there no way to administer the baklifin without an internal pump? Prayers continue.
          Yes it can be given orally, through her feeding tube. But it's not near as effective. They can increase the oral dose but that brings on many more side effects. With the pump, you could actually open her hand and hold it. Before on oral dose, it took all I had to pry her fingers open. In fact her tone (muscle tightness) was so bad even on the oral dose that her pinkie nail is black from the pressure. People in this state can actually fracture bone and tear ligaments they are so tense. I know one option is Botox injections but they say it's very painful and have to be done pretty regular. There is the possibility of trying the pump again in 3-6 months. So I guess all is not lost, but right now it sure seems that way.

Right now they are going to do a EEG then a MRI to find out how far the Meningitis has gone. That will determine how long she will be in Herman Memorial Children's.

The MRI will also show how much long term brain damage was done from the initial accident. Nero doesn't seem to be real hopeful. Obviously he isn't a member of TBH, other wise he would know the power of our prayers. Keep em coming. Sorry I was short earlier, wanted to update just didn't want to talk.

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Brian I hate these allergies. Not what I was hoping to see whan I checked in on baby Girl this evening. She knows we are praying for her and you all. I dont know what I would do if this happened to either of mine but be strong brother.

Comment

No need to apologize Brian. I am amazed at how well you have handled everything. Truely a testament to what a father and husband should be. I hope I have the chance one day soon to shake your hand and give Macie a hug. Praying for Macie.

Comment

Originally posted by Milner7 View Post
                amen
                ANd another AMEN!

Comment

Prayers for good news from the MRI!

Comment

Still Praying.

Comment

Sorry to hear this news Brian. I wish I could feel her pain for her.

Comment

I don't know how I've missed all of this until now. Add me to the TBH chain of support!!
                        Come on Macie,.... you can do this!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by agvet2004 View Post
                          No need to apologize Brian. I am amazed at how well you have handled everything. Truely a testament to what a father and husband should be. I hope I have the chance one day soon to shake your hand and give Macie a hug. Praying for Macie.
                          Oh if you could only see me driving down the road, bawling like a baby!!

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                            Oh if you could only see me driving down the road, bawling like a baby!!

Brian

No shame there bud, this thread has jerked on my eyes more than once.

"Aim small, miss small"

Comment

Hang in there, Brian. My wife and I just left our bible study group, and only tonight, found out that you're Marcy's brother. Y'all have been in our prayers from the outset, and still are..........Mike & Gwen

Comment

Hang in there macie, Brian- you and your family stay strong. Y'all have come too far to give up now. Macie I think bout ya everyday, wish I was closer so I could meet ya Brian.

"Aim small, miss small"

Comment

Working...
                                X