Show off your leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of more projects.

This was a saddle rebuild and the customer requested that his brand be carved on it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310127897.900434.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	24001402

Your shell holders reminded me of a another project for a customer. Marlin 45-70 shell holder fitted to the stock. He wanted a western period look to keep in style with the hexagon barreled rifle.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310128686.755758.jpg
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	24001403

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310128762.757689.jpg
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	24001404

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310128910.469409.jpg
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	24001405

Comment

Originally posted by Allaround View Post

This was a saddle rebuild and the customer requested that his brand be carved on it.
      [ATTACH]249968[/ATTACH]

Your shell holders reminded me of a another project for a customer. Marlin 45-70 shell holder fitted to the stock. He wanted a western period look to keep in style with the hexagon barreled rifle.
      More good stuff! I can see you do the more challenging projects.....designing and making from scratch. I am getting more into that, I mainly worked with Tandy kits and smaller projects from the start. Seeing your work is providing good incentive to expand. Nice work!

Comment

[ATTACH]249968[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]249974[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH]249975[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH]249976[/ATTACH]
        VERY nice! I really like that buttstock shell holder!!

Comment

Man, you guys have skills and talents abound!

Comment

I started a shell holder for my shotgun stock I'll get pix up later. Great work allaround

Comment

"Attempting" something in leather work is on my bucket list......Always love the smell of leather....

Comment

Originally posted by txlawdog View Post
                "Attempting" something in leather work is on my bucket list......Always love the smell of leather....
                You should try it. It is a lot of fun. And not A's hard A's you would think

Comment

Originally posted by rtread View Post
                  More good stuff! I can see you do the more challenging projects.....designing and making from scratch. I am getting more into that, I mainly worked with Tandy kits and smaller projects from the start. Seeing your work is providing good incentive to expand. Nice work!
                  To make from scratch all you've got to do is visualize what it is that you want to build. Make it first out of poster board or heavy duty paper. (Needs to have some stiffness to it.) When your satisfied with the design, use the poster board project as your template or pattern. Compensate for the fact that the leather will be thicker that the paper. Also, never throw away your pattern. Some one will probably ask you to do one for them someday.

Comment

These are my sheath templets. Contraction paper works well
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BOWMAN1836 View Post
                      These are my sheath templets. Contraction paper works well
                      pretty!

Comment

Yea lol all i had was my kids construction paper

Comment

Yeah, some of my patterns look like those.

Comment

Yeah, some of my patterns look like those.
                            Cool then I'm on the right path. Did you find out what kind of leather sealer you use ?

Comment

Yes sir, it is Leather Sheen by Fiebings.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310171354.716231.jpg
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	24001471

Comment

Tubby and rtread, if y'all want to build without using kits then this is a great book to get you started. It's all about leather crafting for the cowboy shooting sports. Holsters, sheaths, cartridge belts, shell holder and more. Easy step by step instructions to start from scratch with basic tools. I know you'll love it Tubby.
                                It's YeeHaw Gun leather and Accessories for the cowboy action shooter. By Jim Simmons. See if you can find it.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310171840.037338.jpg
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	24001474

Comment

Working...
                                X