Show off your leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
    Looks, I guess! You could put some lacing under the flap, and attach a carring strap for your unstrung long bow.
    I like it. Gives it some character. Saw one at our 3D tournament yesterday that had a badger pelt wrapped around the quiver with the head at the top and the tail hanging past the bottom. It looked fantastic.

Comment

Say there fellas, I have some heavy leather I bought and I don't need much of it anymore. It is 16 .oz leather, if any one has need for it I'll let it go for cheap. pm me in interested.

Comment

Originally posted by 76truck View Post
        Say there fellas, I have some heavy leather I bought and I don't need much of it anymore. It is 16 .oz leather, if any one has need for it I'll let it go for cheap. pm me in interested.
        16oz!

I don't plan on making a fighting shield anytime soon...

About how much do you have?

Comment

Yeah, I use it for leather helmet shields but it's to thick and hard to work/carve/tool. Plus I bought a whole side. This is what's left.
          Attached Files

Comment

Does anybody else use a woodburner on leather? Good way to put scrap leather to use......

Click image for larger version

Name:	054 (572 x 428).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	24044775

Comment

I have one I purchased at Tandy. It has several different shaped changeable tips. I used it to put my mark on things I made. Guess I got lazy, have not put my "brand" on anything in a long time now.

Comment

I'll show off this knife sheath that Tubby made for me!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327119221.541286.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	24044781

Skinny

Comment

Nice Tubby!

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by rtread View Post
                      Does anybody else use a woodburner on leather? Good way to put scrap leather to use......

[ATTACH]304319[/ATTACH]
                      That's really nice but if I've got a piece of leather that big in my shop... that ain't scrap. That will make several items.
                      I really do like that though. May have to try that out some time. That would look good in my pool room.

Originally posted by Hogdude1234 View Post

[ATTACH]304335[/ATTACH]

Skinny
                      Good job tubby, HD will be wearing that with pride
                      Last edited by Geezy Rider; 01-21-2012, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogdude1234 View Post

[ATTACH]304335[/ATTACH]

Skinny
                        Thanks Skinny!!

Sorry but I never did upload any pics of that sheath or the other that I recently finished...

Shane's Horizontal Case Trapper Sheath with his brand.

And now for Dale Moser's Buck 112 Angled Sheath

Both of these were a pleasure to make. Both were firsts for me as well. I'd made a Case Trapper sheath before, but never a horizontal carry. Both Shane and Dale wanted a simple design with no tooling. All that was done was a simple border. I think both turned out very nice. I hope both of you gentlemen enjoy!

Comment

I'm still working on orders that I received at the end of summer last year from family/friends. Currently I've got a few more Case Trapper sheaths to be made, a Bowie knife sheath, 2 dog collars, a pipe tally book cover, a file carrier, 4 rifle slings, a guitar strap, a revolver holster, a .45 auto holster, and have been recently commissioned to begin building the duck totes for order like I posted up on here earlier to be sold from a duck call manufacture. I don't want to give the name or website out due to stepping on Michael's toes here.

Maybe one day I can get back to making things for myself!

Comment

Mine went straight into everyday duty, and I love it! Thank you again, Clint!

Comment

Dang I really need to get back to trying some more leather work. All this new work looks awesome.

Comment

Great work !!! I'm gonna have to shift over to making some sheaths.

Yall said 5-7 oz for the sheaths ?

Comment

Working...
                                X