No announcement yet.

Show off your leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are fantastic. Great work. 76truck.

Comment

this thread is too cool. glad I found it. gonna have to break out my stuff again someday and try to craft something.

Comment

Originally posted by BOWMAN1836 View Post
        Depends on if you made those twisted x's
        I made the money that had 'em made!!! That's about as close as I can get to making leather stuff :-)

Y'all make some awesome leather projects!!!!
        Last edited by JGreen31; 10-27-2011, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Got a couple of sheaths done.

First one is for a guy at work. Left handed horizontal carry. First horizontal I've attempted, I need to get the stitch spacing better where it goes onto the belt strap.

Next is a Trapper sheath for Chris (tx_dropem). He didn't order it, just told me he would like to have one that was left handed. He'll get this little gem in the mail soon.

Comment

Hey Tubby
            Where did you get your maker stamp. Is that one of the plastic stamps?

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
              [B]Got a couple of sheaths done.

Next is a Trapper sheath for Chris (tx_dropem). He didn't order it, just told me he would like to have one that was left handed. He'll get this little gem in the mail soon.

Mad skills brother!!! I cant thank you enough for making it, looks awesome and will get tons of use!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
                Hey Tubby
                Where did you get your maker stamp. Is that one of the plastic stamps?
                Here ya go Jerry:

The finest in custom maker stamps for leather. Petal lifters, acrylic templates and custom transfer sheets add greatly to your leather tool arsenal!

It's made out of black Derlin. I'm very happy with it. Mine is a 1" and it was $60

Comment

Originally posted by tx_dropem View Post
                  Mad skills brother!!! I cant thank you enough for making it, looks awesome and will get tons of use!!
                  Thanks bro, and you are more than welcome!

I know it was a surprise but it looks like you're happy with the looks of it!

Comment

I need some advice... I'm about to use some white and green cova color on a guitar strap. After its been applied and dried, do I need to seal it (just the colored area) with a resist (super sheen) before I stain the remainder of the leather??

Thanks!

Comment

I need some advice... I'm about to use some white and green cova color on a guitar strap. After its been applied and dried, do I need to seal it (just the colored area) with a resist (super sheen) before I stain the remainder of the leather??

Thanks!
                      I usually will stain it then paint over the stain then seal it all with saddle lac that's worked best for me maybe this helps

Comment

Originally posted by Wiley719 View Post
                        I usually will stain it then paint over the stain then seal it all with saddle lac that's worked best for me maybe this helps
                        I hadn't thought about that... I'm assuming it'll take at least 2 coats of white as I'll be staining it dark brown.

Comment

I hadn't thought about that... I'm assuming it'll take at least 2 coats of white as I'll be staining it dark brown.
                          Yes sir at least 2 I usually just do light coats until it's covers it up

Comment

76truck those are cool. How much would you charge for one like the black Houston one?

Comment

Originally posted by Wiley719 View Post
                              Yes sir at least 2 I usually just do light coats until it's covers it up
                              Thanks!

Comment

Another one just finished up for a stic. Sorry for the crappy pics.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X