Show off your leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
    Check this guy out. I am thinking of getting one from him made.

www.firelineshields.com
    I've seen these they are nice

Comment

Sorry to get off track but ........TMEC, that is one fine looking dog.

Ok, back on topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Allaround View Post
        Sorry to get off track but ........TMEC, that is one fine looking dog.

Ok, back on topic.
        Hijacker

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
          Hijacker
          Guilty but dang, that is really a good looking dog. Just couldn't help myself.

Comment

Got a new STIC knife in and I decided to let Shell have a break from making a sheath so I made this tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
              Got a new STIC knife in and I decided to let Shell have a break from making a sheath so I made this tonight.

Dang that's nice clint

Comment

Both knife and sheath are beautiful. I'm also a big fan of the tri-weave stamp.

Comment

I'm looking for something similar to this, for a Buck 112. Maybe not quite so much angle. I saw some tooling one time that looked like mesquite thorns, anyone got that kinda skills?

Comment

This is awsome! I've only recently joined TBH and I'm hooked. Got a new IPad so my new addiction is very portable. I've been playing with leather craft as a hobby for the last 11 or so years. I stumbled across this thread yesterday, it was refrenced in another thread I was reading. I'm charging my camera right now so I can attempt to post a few pics of some of my work.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      I'm looking for something similar to this, for a Buck 112. Maybe not quite so much angle. I saw some tooling one time that looked like mesquite thorns, anyone got that kinda skills?
                      The angle you're seeing is from the curvature of the knife itself, not the sheath. I don't own a Buck 112, I'd need one to form fit it. The mesquite thorns were probably carved, I'll give it a try and see how it comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by TMoe View Post
                        This is awsome! I've only recently joined TBH and I'm hooked. Got a new IPad so my new addiction is very portable. I've been playing with leather craft as a hobby for the last 11 or so years. I stumbled across this thread yesterday, it was refrenced in another thread I was reading. I'm charging my camera right now so I can attempt to post a few pics of some of my work.
                        Welcome to the fire!

Looking forward to seeing your work!

Comment

Here are a few of my makings:
                          The first two are knives that I've made with their sheaths. I didn't make the blades, The one on the left was canabalized from a knife i didn't like the handle on the other a blade blank.

Third pic is a few more knife sheaths.

Fourth is a western style holster for my 1911

Fifth is a hoslter and mag pouch for my Mark III

Sixth is a shoulder slung holser for my S&W 686. It was as with most of my projects a solution for a problem. When your in and out of a vehicle a gun that size in a belt holster gets in the way. Sling this over head and shoulder and the pistol is out of the way yet readily at hand.

Seventh is a couple of rifle slings. The one with the hair is one I did some time ago. It's deer hair from a piece of a hide I tanned off a buck. The buck had a white spot on his back and I tried to highlight that with this sling. It also has interchangable shell holders one for my 30-06 and one for my 22-250, they snap on and off.

Eighth is a Bar mat, coasters, and coaster holder. Not sure if Bar mat is what you call it but it sits on the bar I made to catch spills. The spill also give it caracter.

Ninth is a three legged stool. In it's first life it was a cheapo from Academy with nylon seat. Once the nylon started to tear I replaced it with leather. This was probably one of my earliest tooling attempts. Been using it as my dove hunting seat for around five years now.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice TMoe. Welcome to the fire.

Comment

This one just went to "New York City"!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                                The angle you're seeing is from the curvature of the knife itself, not the sheath. I don't own a Buck 112, I'd need one to form fit it. The mesquite thorns were probably carved, I'll give it a try and see how it comes out.
                                I forgot to post the picture of the style I'm lookin for...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X