No announcement yet.

Show off your leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Comment

Very nice work Savage.

Comment

Nice work savagehunter

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
          Hey clint, post up the formed side too if you don't mind. Did that pic come through as well?
          Sorry about that. Didn't know it was the first one to come thru...

Comment

gun case

Can anyone make a leather case that will hold two shotguns, but have the flaps and buckles on the ends. With a carrying strap like the second pic? If so, how much would they cost approx. Also plain saddle type leather would be fine, nothing fancy
            Attached Files

Comment

collier, i bet allaround can hook you up. If he can make a saddle, that should be a walk in the park.

Comment

Especially with the quality I see on this thread

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                  collier, i bet allaround can hook you up. If he can make a saddle, that should be a walk in the park.
                  Agree^^^

It would take me a year to make something like that!

Comment

Very nice work Savage!

Comment

Here's a belt I've been working on.

Comment

Lol man I think me and you think alike Clint. I started a belt yesterday after I finished my round knife sheath. I've only got mine cut and glued so far. Still need to shape it and stitch grove before I start the stamping. I was going to try that type of basket weave also. I guess I'll have to change it up now. . Nice work

Comment

Originally posted by BOWMAN1836 View Post
                          Lol man I think me and you think alike Clint. I started a belt yesterday after I finished my round knife sheath. I've only got mine cut and glued so far. Still need to shape it and stitch grove before I start the stamping. I was going to try that type of basket weave also. I guess I'll have to change it up now. . Nice work
                          I'm not putting a lining on the back of mine.

Do you always glue your lining on before you do any tooling? I always thought you tooled an item before gluing the backing on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                            I'm not putting a lining on the back of mine.

Do you always glue your lining on before you do any tooling? I always thought you tooled an item before gluing the backing on.
                            I always put my lining on befor I tool. Like my holsters I cut my leather and lining out then glue my lining to each side let it dry then glue the two pieces to gather. And bens I don't have a clicker to cut out perfect I use my dremel to shave down to where it all matches. Then clean the edges make my stitch groove then tool. Now whether or not that's the right way I'm not sure but it works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BOWMAN1836 View Post
                              I always put my lining on befor I tool. Like my holsters I cut my leather and lining out then glue my lining to each side let it dry then glue the two pieces to gather. And bens I don't have a clicker to cut out perfect I use my dremel to shave down to where it all matches. Then clean the edges make my stitch groove then tool. Now whether or not that's the right way I'm not sure but it works for me.
                              Whatever works! And by the looks of what you've made, it'd working dang good!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                                Whatever works! And by the looks of what you've made, it'd working dang good!!
                                Thank you sir

Comment

Working...
                                X