No announcement yet.

Show off your leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't make anything out of leather, simply because I'm not talented enough. But, I do have a nice saddle...

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
      Could one of y'all point me in the right direction on where to get a small piece of leather? The leather on one of my IWB holsters doesn't fit my gun well and I'd like to make a new one for it instead of just buying a new holster.
      if you ever make it to McKinney, you would be welcome to dig through my pile. Have to knock some dust off, but no charge if you are just looking for a smaller piece.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
        Could one of y'all point me in the right direction on where to get a small piece of leather? The leather on one of my IWB holsters doesn't fit my gun well and I'd like to make a new one for it instead of just buying a new holster.
        Springfield Leather will sell you a 12" x 12" cut of Hermann Oak for $16.00. They've got other sizes too, good stuff!

Comment

Took a break from orders today and done a little doodling

I raise Nubian ibex ( that's one of my other jobs) so I figured I'd carve one. A little refining I think he'll go good on a rifle sling.

Comment

That is sweet OBH!!

Comment

One of today's projects in the works

Comment

Originally posted by OKBOWHUNTER View Post
                me to, I was really looking forward to it. How was it?

Danny
                Sorry it took me so log to answer you. I have been having computer problems.

The show was good, I got to see some friends and made some new ones. You need to make plans for this show in 2017 it will be in Fort Worth, my guild will be the sponsor.

Nice work on that sling

Comment

Y'all do some great work. Who would I need to talk to about getting a leather belt made?

Comment

I'm looking for an affordable custom gun sling. Who's interested in doing business?

Comment

Originally posted by kcrcookers View Post
                      I'm looking for an affordable custom gun sling. Who's interested in doing business?

I do a lot of rifle slings you can check them out on my Facebook page. I'm booked through the first of the year but if it can wait until after that I'll be happy to quote you a price.

https://m.facebook.com/DannyCollinsC...atherAndKnives

Comment

I'm looking to get some custom work done. I'm wanting to get a vertical shoulder holster made for a 6" colt Python. I plan on trying to save money and buying a leather harness and holster off line. I'm trying to find someone to replace the holster that comes with the harness with a custom one made by them. I would like a holster with maybe some basket weave on the outside but Sheeps wool lining in the inside is a must. I would also like matching basket weave on the leather that's on the original harness. Is this something that's possible? If so how much will it run me? The shoulder harness below is $69.00 and it's the one I plan on getting. Pm's are welcomed!!

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                          I'm looking to get some custom work done. I'm wanting to get a vertical shoulder holster made for a 6" colt Python. I plan on trying to save money and buying a leather harness and holster off line. I'm trying to find someone to replace the holster that comes with the harness with a custom one made by them. I would like a holster with maybe some basket weave on the outside but Sheeps wool lining in the inside is a must. I would also like matching basket weave on the leather that's on the original harness. Is this something that's possible? If so how much will it run me? The shoulder harness below is $69.00 and it's the one I plan on getting. Pm's are welcomed!!

Morning bump for the leather guys!

Comment

How about we start a new Leather work thread come Jan 1, 2015? This one is getting a little long at 40 pages.

Comment

Show off your leather 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post

If you're trying to save a buck then going custom is probably not going to work out for you.
                                A custom holster to replace that one pictured is going to cost as much or more than that whole rig. I personally don't think that lining it with sheepskin is a good idea. First off, the fleece will trap moisture and could cause the gun to rust. Secondly, every time you remove the gun from the holster there will be pieces of fleece clinging to the sights and any sharp edge.
                                As far as tooling the existing leather, it's just not practical. If it has a finish on it you can't wet and case it to take the stamp. If it doesn't have a finish but is only dyed then the wetting of the leather will cause it to turn a darker color than the other pieces.

Comment

Working...
                                X