No announcement yet.

Same Buck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appears to be the same buck. Awfully close.

Comment

he looks like trhe same one, those super long G3s longer than his G2. That is one nice buck and hope he stays on your buddies side of the fence.

Comment

He's a hoss!

Comment

Looks the same to me also!

Comment

I don't know, guys. I think they might be 2 different bucks. If you enhance the dark 1st pic, you can see more detail. Look at the left antlers on both. On the 1st buck, the G2 is almost the same length as the G3. On the 2nd buck, the G2 is quite a bit shorter than the G3.

The 1st buck's left G1 has a hook on it, and the 2nd buck's doesn't.

The tips of the main beams on the 1st buck curl inward and are closer together than the 2nd buck's that go more straight out and stay wide.

Looks like two really nice bucks to me. Maybe it's just the angle differences, but I think the main beam tips are the most conclusive. What do y'all think?

EDIT: OOPS! I should have read the entire 1st post. Just caught the dates on the pics and different years. Could be the same buck for sure. Either that or a brother, I guess.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Shane; 10-21-2007, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by double lung View Post
              from the latest pic, ow old do you think he is? looks young, or did i have too many watching the horns squeak past baylor.
              I think, you've had too many He's 5.5 yrs old.

Comment

I have another picture of the buck on my camera, when I bring my camera back home I will post the other pic. On the other pic there is an 11th point that is not visible on this pic. If he is ever seen in person he will be a good candidate to hang on my wall.

Comment

5.5 yrs and 155-160,, Looks like the same deer if it's not you have a lot to work with and shoot either of them.

Comment

Well I picked up my camera and I had several more pictures of the buck. I had thought that the first time I got a picture of him that he was 10 points but apparently the last 3 pictures of him indicate that he is an 11 pointer. The pics are not the best but hopefully someday I will get a pic of him from the side view.
                    Attached Files

Comment

he is 155 easy.

Comment

150+ easy.

Comment

LDP!LDP!Lay the smack down on this one.

Comment

Same buck or not, he's a shooter!

Comment

Good looking deer, I think it's the same.

Comment

Definately a shooter, especially if there's potential that he could be shot by someone on another property... I'd say he'll scare 160. He's got good mass, good beam length, spread, AND great tine length...

Comment

Working...
                                X