Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

TPWD Drops Granger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You wounder were all our dollars go. .Hunting and fishing license,public. Hunting permits.. crazy

Comment

You wounder were all our dollars go. .Hunting and fishing license,public. Hunting permits.. crazy

Comment

I'm going to talk to Trey and Derek (the biologists in charge at Granger) here in a few and will let you know what they say. I am hoping these are just rumors and are untrue.

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
          I'm going to talk to Trey and Derek (the biologists in charge at Granger) here in a few and will let you know what they say. I am hoping these are just rumors and are untrue.
          Keep up posted. I'm pretty sure the decision has been made and TPWD is done with it. It's just a question as to how the COE is going to handle things moving forward. At least that's how it was explained to me by the GW Captain that I spoke with yesterday. I'm hoping for the best as I have ADE preference points and want to hunt deer on Granger.

Comment

Granger is on the drawn hunts this year.

Comment

Originally posted by viper3853 View Post
              Granger is on the drawn hunts this year.
              I'm guessing you work at TPW, if so thank you for letting us know. I have been thinking about this all day. I'm really hoping to get drawn this year. Especially if this may be the last year.

Comment

is it going to affect the waterfowl hunting at Granger also

Comment

Originally posted by jared_bays View Post
                  I'm guessing you work at TPW, if so thank you for letting us know. I have been thinking about this all day. I'm really hoping to get drawn this year. Especially if this may be the last year.
                  Jared, if you don't get drawn go on standby. They don't turn people away very often, even if all the drawn hunters show up. It's a great hunt, and you have a chance at an absolute monster. Don't let the low success rate fool you, they are there. I haven't hunted it for deer since I got my lease out there near the WMA, but a lot of my buddies still do and it's as good as it ever was.

Sent some e-mails out earlier and waiting on replies.

Comment

Hoping for one more Granger Ranger Xtreme Hog Hunt. I guess the public land permit is not good on Corps land?
                    Last edited by Wudstix; 07-03-2011, 03:51 PM.

Comment

I spoke with Derek this morning and he hasn't heard anything one way or the other. He did say that 100 TPWD personnel will be let go within the next two weeks due to the budget cuts. Keep them in your prayers guys.

Comment

Anyone have any new info on this? I have just started hunting out in Granger WMA and was looking for property out there. I'll look elsewhere if they do away with hunting.
                        Last edited by biglew; 11-27-2011, 07:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

There will be hunting. It will be similar to Georgetown lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Snipehunter View Post
                            There will be hunting. It will be similar to Georgetown lake.
                            can you fill us in on the specifics....for those of us that do not know what that will mean....

Comment

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post
                              can you fill us in on the specifics....for those of us that do not know what that will mean....
                              I found this:

Hunting is closed last day of Feb until dove season. It would suck if Granger did this. Right now, you can go out pretty much any day of the year and hunt hogs there.

Comment

Working...
                              X