Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viking Archery Canyon Lake Texas (thumbs down)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a d*****r!!!!!! Think I will stick with Davids in Weatherford

Comment

Originally posted by killerbee View Post
      Sounds like a d*****r!!!!!! Think I will stick with Davids in Weatherford
      Does David ever get mad?

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
        I have been a customer for years in Houston. The sons are top of the line, and Tim's wife is one of the sweetest ladies I have ever dealt with. Tim on the other hand can be a Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hide depending on his mood. I have been in there and had him give me something that I wanted to buy, and the next time bark at me for asking a question. I usually just stood around and waited for one of the son's to get free. Sorry for your experience, please don't lump his kids or wife in with him, they are good people.
        X2^^
        I've heard those horror stories about that old man but Ive never met him. Now his sons running the shop in Houston have helped me a lot n I usually get my arrows from them.

>>----> Gonzo <----<<

Comment

We are blessed in the Houston area with some top notch archery pro shops like The Bow Zone, Triple Edge, West Houston Archery, Santa Fe, etc. There is absolutely NO reason in the world to ever go to Viking for anything. You want Hoyt AND great expert help and customer service, you have much better choices than Viking such as Triple Edge or West Houston. All the great service referenced here about Viking in Houston is probably true, but you can get as good but more likely superior service for the other shops in our area.

And as one poster stated, they thought Tim was bi-polar and this may be true. It seems many of the "episodes" with him occur in the morning... maybe before his "happy pill" kicks in. In any case, he knows its a problem as does the family so there's no excuse or reason for putting up with his attitude or actions. Heck, I got my first wheelie bow from Tim, and I still have a couple custom Viking compounds that I love to shoot. Scott even put a custom mesquite camo job on one for me, and I wish the situation was different, but Tim did it, not me.

Comment

How can you blame the boys?

Comment

Tim has been throwing people out of his store longer than a lot of folks on this forum been shooting bows!!

Comment

Scott is as good of bow tech as you will find. He has been working on bows since he was old enough to see over the counter.

Tracy (my wife) shipped him a Hoyt 38 Ultra yesterday for a cam change out and new strings.

Could we have got it done in the DFW area ? Probably so...but its worth shipping the bow to Scott to make sure its done right.

I never have met Tim although I have heard tons of stories.

I can't hold his actions against his boys and wife.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                  Tim has been throwing people out of his store longer than a lot of folks on this forum been shooting bows!!
                  And longer than many have even been alive...

Comment

I am a member of the "tossed from Viking" club - my sin was to say "that's OK about the 3 pennies" I( had coming as change.) Had been a wary customer for 4 or 5 years because they did great work - but walking on eggshells was not worth it.

The rest of the family always provided first class service.

Comment

I have been a Viking customer since they opened there doors in Canyon Lake. I just bought my current PSE X -Force Axe 7 there last August. I will say that the customer service can be a little rough at times but you just have to hold your ground at times. The first time I went in for a string loop and was chastized for wanting a brass nock on the inside of my loop to add as back up due to the fact my ranch is 60 miles from anywhere. He didnt want to do it and I asked him what his problem was and I was a paying customer that lived in the area and wanted to find a place to land for all my bowhunting needs. He relented. Since then we have had a great relationship. It might also help that he is an ex Marine and so was my father who was with me at the time. Maybe that helped. The work they do there is quality and I dont have anything bad to say about them until the next time they jerk me around.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                        There's a legacy to be proud of....

Comment

Originally posted by VorTexan View Post
                          How can you blame the boys?
                          I don't blame the boys and don't even know them. Like I stated above they (the boys) may run the best bow shop in Houston or Texas but with it being owned and originated by the father I can't see my $ going to his retirement and pocket. I can honestly say it'll be a cold day in H!@# before I spend my hard earned money where it is not appreciated. Nothing against the boys, it's actually sad they have to clean up his 'mess'.

Comment

I've never been to any Viking archery, and I have no reason to now...

Originally posted by dccytclr View Post
                            Funny how people like that can own a shop...

On a side note, why are there so many archery techs like that? seems like 1/4 of them have no social skills.
                            Tyler used to have an archery shop called Apache Archery. Top notch service. Kim and her husband (can't remember his name) would go above and beyond to help you out. Even meet you at odd times or even late on Sunday, no questions asked. If any of y'all had ever been in there, you'd know Kim was ALWAYS barefoot! Anyway, Apache shut down.. for what reason, I don't know. A new archery shop opened up, "Bucks and Ducks". Pretty cool store. They tried to get into more than just Archery and bit off more than they could chew. Well, I went in there one day to get my old MQ1 a new rest and paper tuned. They were busy, so I told them no problem, I could leave it if need be. The lady behind the counter was very nice. Came back a few days later when I had the spare time, she wasn't there. I think it was one of her sons (in his early 30's) that was at the counter. He was kicked back, feet on the counter bull****ting with his buddies. I was in a rush and he wasn't "working". Stepped up to the counter and waited... and waited... and waited some more. Finally I said excuse me?? He looked up at me and said: "WHAT DO YOU WANT". I was floored. I told him that I'd come to pick up my bow. (mind you, my bow was about 3 years old at the time). He asked for my name and what kind of bow it was. I told him... He said: "OH, THAT PIECE OF ****"? He got up and got the bow. I asked him what the damages were. Then he went to telling me how bad the bow shot. I point blank asked him: "is it paper tuned, yes or no"? He said half-***. I paid the bill, picked up my bow and as I was walking out the door, I told him that there was NO reason to treat a customer that way and I would never step foot back into his "piece of ****" store and I would warn everyone I knew. He and his buddies just sat back and laughed.

Wouldn't you know it, they shut down not even 6 months later.

KARMA... gotta love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodycactus View Post
                              I will say that the customer service can be a little rough at times but you just have to hold your ground at times. The first time I went in for a string loop and was chastized for wanting a brass nock on the inside of my loop to add as back up due to the fact my ranch is 60 miles from anywhere. He didnt want to do it and I asked him what his problem was and I was a paying customer that lived in the area and wanted to find a place to land for all my bowhunting needs. He relented.
                              The thing is though, you shouldn't have to "stand your ground" or beg a tech to do work on your bow. If so, then you're probably at the wrong store. Take your $$ and bow elsewhere. Bowhunting isn't particularly a cheap sport/hobby, so you shouldn't be made to feel like these people are doing you a favor by providing you good customer service like many other archery shops do.

The bad thing is that all this boycotting of his store(s) due to his "*******ism" doesn't seem to be doing much to affect his bottom line.

Comment

Just heard on the news this morning the viking store in Houston had a big fire last night. Have not heard how bad of damages.

Comment

Working...
                                X