No announcement yet.

Investing in a pair of boots, opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wear Chippewas until it gets cold. (that reads January)

I used to (and sometimes still do) wear my RedWing work boots or Irish Setters.

Also have a pair of Danner sharptails that are VERY comfortable and recently purchased a pair of Danner Pronghorns.

Comment

Pronghorns I would drive 2 hours to be sure I had mine on a hunt

Comment

I have Pronghorns 400 gr thinsulate (the new version) and I love them, but out of the box they will leak if you don't do some serious water proofing on them. I have a pair of Irish Setter Big Game GTX boots (800 gr thinsulate) that I love, and they were waterproof out of the box, but they don't make them anymore.

I'm beginning to believe if you want something that will never leak, get rubber boots.

Comment

A pair of mokusion like the indians wore do the mohikin sneak!

Comment

Originally posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
            I actually love my redhead snake boots. Haven't met a ton of people who do, but they fit me well and are pretty comfortable with plenty of support. They are waterproof too. Hunted 2 seasons in them so far with no complaints. Got my wife a pair and she hates them.
            I have a pair of the Redhead Ultra Snake boots and really like the comfort of them. I can walk all day in those. Only draw back is that they leak also.

Comment

I wore a pair of steel toe wolverine work boots last year to the stand, because I left my others at home, MY TOES FROZE!!!!! The steel got cold and made my tootsies stick together they got so cold.... never again!

I have a pair of dream season scent blocker boots, they squeak! What kind of crap is that! I bought em because they dont lace up, they slip on and then you tighten em up with a pull string... but each step they squeak.

Right now Im wearing a pair of slip on wolverines non steel toed and dont like them much either.

So I am in the same boat as you! I dont care if they leak, we dont get rain, I just need something that wont be squeaky on a stalk and is as nice as a tennis shoe to wear!?!

Is that asking too much?

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                I wore a pair of steel toe wolverine work boots last year to the stand, because I left my others at home, MY TOES FROZE!!!!! The steel got cold and made my tootsies stick together they got so cold.... never again!

I have a pair of dream season scent blocker boots, they squeak! What kind of crap is that! I bought em because they dont lace up, they slip on and then you tighten em up with a pull string... but each step they squeak.

Right now Im wearing a pair of slip on wolverines non steel toed and dont like them much either.

So I am in the same boat as you! I dont care if they leak, we dont get rain, I just need something that wont be squeaky on a stalk and is as nice as a tennis shoe to wear!?!

Is that asking too much?

My Danner Sharptails are more comfortable to me than my Pronghorns.

(and LOL @ "tootsies"!)

Comment

Go with the pronghorns. i have the 18'' lace ups but they get hot in the summer n early season, but they are very reliable to me...

Comment

Look wc russell on google and get you a custom made pair that will last a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.8mmSPC View Post
                      Look wc russell on google and get you a custom made pair that will last a lifetime.
                      I have looked at these and I actually have a cataloge by them...

Do you own a pair? Ta time on a custom pair?

Comment

I have lace up snake boots that I don't tie, I just slip them on and have the laces tied in knows at the end. I wear them 95% of the time. The other 5% is when it is too cold for 2 pr of hunting socks.

Comment

I pretty much hunt exclusively in my lacrosse alpha burly rubber boots. Have yet to have a deer bust my trail i walked on. Slip off and on. They get a little warm if you do a bunch of walking in warm weather. Combine with good socks and the cold isn't much of an issue.

forgot to add that i've had the same pair for at least 3 maybe 4 years.
                          Last edited by LeanMachine; 05-26-2011, 11:28 AM.

Comment

I use the red head snake boots...good boot for the money imo...

Comment

If I were investing in one pair and warmth was a factor I would buy some Danners with light amount of Thinsulate. Danners are lifetime investments.

Comment

i would try out a pair of Irish Setters, have always worked good for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X