where's all my protein gone???........ oh never mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txfirefighter_04 View Post
    any of ya'll have a guess on the weight of one of these animal's. i know pics can mis leading,but a couple of those mature one's look like they could be up there close to 300 maybe?
    I would say they could reach that weight. We guessed the one we shot up here in the panhandle to be around 275lbs. It took everything I had just to drag him 10 yards to the road. I dont know what I would have done if he had went down in the canyon.

Comment

Originally posted by txfirefighter_04 View Post
      where's your shop?
      In Spicewood right off highway 71 east of the Pedernales River

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterpt1 View Post
        In Spicewood right off highway 71 east of the Pedernales River
        lol yep prop drive right past you every time

Comment

one more pic lol
          Attached Files

Comment

Wow that's a good problem

Comment

I would gladly pay for 600lbs of protien for a shot at one of those. Doesn't even have to be the biggest in the bunch. Let us know what you decide to do.

Comment

I would definately enjoy a hunt on one, and yes I mean pay for it. If interested in selling one shoot me a pm.

Comment

say you have a problem, there is no shortage of assistance in volunteers . Can't wait to see some LDPs of one of em! that first pic is a big old dude!

Comment

I agree with Roosterpt1, if you are a deer hunter and are feeding protein to benefit your deer herd, you need to get rid of these guys. They will dominate the feeder and keep most of your deer from eating there. Sells hunts, shoot em yourself, let buddies shoot em, whatever it takes. Just get them out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterpt1 View Post
                      All joking and begging to shoot aside they are an absurd nuisance on protein! When your feeder runs out the will ram it to get more out and likely destroy the feeder... They will have all the deer in the area moved out because they are far more dominant! They are VERY spooky tho.. You may get in there and whack one and they never come back.. But I bet they do.. Once you start putting a little pressure on them they will go.. If you want to hunt aoudad then looks like you got a great spot but your whitetail may be jacked up. Shoot up in the shoulder the vitals sit low and forward compared to whitetails.. Good luck!
                      X2 you will have to put some consistent pressure on them if you have any hope of feeding whitetail. They will run that feeder and your pocketbook until you run them.

Comment

These things are worse than hogs!! I would suggest you and your buddies each try to get yourself a good trophy (a 30" long horn with that big mane hanging down is a pretty good trophy), then do whatever you can to wipe 'em out. Any fence that will keep them out, will keep deer out. They will virtually eliminate deer hunting in the area where they congregate. They are also prolific breeders. And probably worse yet, they are virtually inedible! Their meat is the most awful tasting stuff I ever tried to eat. My wife tried to cook a backstrap steak from the one I got and it stunk so bad when she tried to pan fry it, she wound up throwing an iron skillet away. From that time forward after she put that aoudad steak in that pan, when it got hot, it stunk just like she'd put in another piece of the meat.

We had a herd of them move onto our ranch and the USDA guys who ride the ranch killed them on sight every time they saw them until they either all left or went back across the river where they came from.

Comment

Thats alot of nice ones!

Comment

I'm in if you are selling hunts too!!!!!

Comment

does anyone know how the exotic scoring system works with these animals? from what i gather is length and diameter of the horn is this correct?

Comment

arrow flinging time

Comment

Working...
                                X