No announcement yet.

Echo chainsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had a stihl for around 7 years and had no issues, but I dont use it much anymore.
    As a kid we heated our home with wood, so dad and I cut a bunch. We went through a few saws until he bought his echo a long time back. That thing still runs like a champ even today.
    Cant go wrong with em. I havent tried a new echo model out, but I do like my stihl.

Comment

I have friends that love their echos. I have an old school stihl and love it. One friend has a newer stihl and it has problems getting enough oil. I think stihl made a big mistake going to that "eco-friendly" oiling system.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

I've had 2 Echo chainsaws (12" and 21") for 8 years and an Echo weedeater for 10 years. We burned up the clutch on the small one by using a dull chain way too long, but we fixed it and we've never had any problems with them. The weedeater did have a spark plug go out -- once, but that was an easy understandable fix.

I love my Echo equipment!

Comment

I have one of those small "homeowner" echo's that was old when Ike hit, and there ain't no tellin' how much wood that little sucker cut, but it's still goin' strong and what I like about all the echo equipment I've had and others who I know use their products is that they are very easy to start, and they will sit and idle for every and not die. I've had no issues with the oiler on my saw either.

Comment

I have had both and I like Echo. My oiler on the Stihl quit me too. I fixed it myself but had to order parts. There a pain. Echo has come a long way and never had trouble with mine and Im brutal with them.

Comment

The key is to make sure you use the STIHL brand bar oil. That stuff is super thin and slippery and the cheap stuff from Home Depot isn't nearly the same. I also agree with using the aggressive chain. They are also called "yellow" chains because they are marked yellow on one of the links. Some places keep these more aggressive chains behind the counter, you have to ask for them. Echo is a good saw but not in the same league as the STIHL. Everyone who has used mine has bought one.

Comment

after working on a ranch that uses chainsaws at least once a week, i was hard pressed to find a better saw then the echos...... we did have stihls too, but they always seemed to be giving us problems with this and that....

ill also give a positive rating to other echo products. before working on this ranch i ran commercial lawn equipment. Echo blowers and weedeaters can be counted on for at least 10 years of daily work.

Comment

That's solid info.

Comment

I like my Echo just as much as the more expensive Stihls I have at work. Go Echo!

Comment

Bought the 290 Farm Boss 20" bar in December, works like a champ!! I've had echo saws too, no comparison IMO. As far as the oiler, clean the saw using an air compressor after each use. There is an adjustment on the oiler. I adjust mine depending on what type of wood I'm cutting. Less oil for the soft pines, and more on the hardwoods.

Comment

I've been having a lot of problems with my Stihl too with the chain not staying tight and leaking oil.

Comment

Love my echo. Best saw i've ever had.

Comment

My Echo has been running great for 8 years...just have to replace the dull chains.

Comment

Our ~20 yr old echo is a machine!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X