Paranormal stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigpiggy View Post
    I’ll share this little story in honor of my mom & dad’s memories. Lost her last year to cancer and then dad earlier this year. Mom told of the time back in the ‘60’s when she and dad hadn’t been married very long. Dad wanted to show her some of the ranches where he had permission to hunt and fish on for many years. During one of his hunts he came across something unusual in a dry creek bed. He knew that certain folks hid things way out in remote locations and suspected what he had found was a marker for possibly something of value. Dad said there were no houses back then in that area for many miles. He saw no tire tracks or evidence of a vehicle anywhere. You could only get to that location on foot. As was previously mentioned, this was back in the 1960’s.

Dad drove mom out to the edge of this one remote ranch and parked the car. From there they had to walk maybe a couple miles to get to a trail that led to the dry creek bed. It was just starting to get dark by the time they reached the creek. Dad tried to find the marker he had spotted a week or less before. It was now gone. Someone had been out there again and had removed it. Dad was a woodsman and had hunted & fished those ranches with his own father since dad was a little boy. He knew exactly where that marker was at previously. There was no mistaking it was definitely gone. There hadn’t been any rain to flood the creek and sweep things away.

Mom mentioned to dad how she’d like to get on back to their car and leave. Dad agreed and so they began the walk back. It was now completely dark outside and no moon. He knew well enough to bring a rifle and extra ammo. It was a still night with no wind and the leaves had already dropped from the trees. I believe mom said that it wasn’t until they got to the large meadow that she heard footsteps to their right. There was a tree line with an old fence in that direction. Dad heard the footsteps too. It was walking parallel to them and you could hear the leaves crunching as it walked. Each time when they stopped walking to listen and watch, it would stop. Once they would start walking, it would as well. They could see in that direction but there wasn’t any obvious figure of a person or anything else visible.

Dad told mom to walk out into the middle of the meadow so that if whatever or whoever charged them, he’d have a better chance of shooting it with the rifle. Mom told me she was never so scared in her life. This was miles and miles from any house or town. She felt like whatever it was, was out to kill them. It had followed them for more than a mile. They finally managed to get back to the car and get the heck out of there for good. Dad never went back out there again. Mom said that the fence line/tree line ,where the whatever had been following them, ran at a diagonal angle to where their car was parked. That means that the large meadow narrowed up in that direction, putting the tree line closer to the car. Even at a shorter distance away, they both still couldn’t see anyone or anything there as it followed them. Every step it took, they could still hear the leaves crunching. This is a truthful story that was told by both my parents. They didn’t lie. Neither of them drank, used drugs, or anything else.

Where was this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
      Where was this?

Oklahoma.

Comment

It was a cold dark rainy night. One of my boys had a toy that, when you moved him, would say, “hee hee hee, come play with me!”. I tucked my boys into bed and turned off the lights. The toy (untouched) went off. He/she spent the night in the back yard in the rain. I’ve yet to hear of it since.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigpiggy View Post
          I’ll share this little story in honor of my mom & dad’s memories. Lost her last year to cancer and then dad earlier this year. Mom told of the time back in the ‘60’s when she and dad hadn’t been married very long. Dad wanted to show her some of the ranches where he had permission to hunt and fish on for many years. During one of his hunts he came across something unusual in a dry creek bed. He knew that certain folks hid things way out in remote locations and suspected what he had found was a marker for possibly something of value. Dad said there were no houses back then in that area for many miles. He saw no tire tracks or evidence of a vehicle anywhere. You could only get to that location on foot. As was previously mentioned, this was back in the 1960’s.

Dad drove mom out to the edge of this one remote ranch and parked the car. From there they had to walk maybe a couple miles to get to a trail that led to the dry creek bed. It was just starting to get dark by the time they reached the creek. Dad tried to find the marker he had spotted a week or less before. It was now gone. Someone had been out there again and had removed it. Dad was a woodsman and had hunted & fished those ranches with his own father since dad was a little boy. He knew exactly where that marker was at previously. There was no mistaking it was definitely gone. There hadn’t been any rain to flood the creek and sweep things away.

Mom mentioned to dad how she’d like to get on back to their car and leave. Dad agreed and so they began the walk back. It was now completely dark outside and no moon. He knew well enough to bring a rifle and extra ammo. It was a still night with no wind and the leaves had already dropped from the trees. I believe mom said that it wasn’t until they got to the large meadow that she heard footsteps to their right. There was a tree line with an old fence in that direction. Dad heard the footsteps too. It was walking parallel to them and you could hear the leaves crunching as it walked. Each time when they stopped walking to listen and watch, it would stop. Once they would start walking, it would as well. They could see in that direction but there wasn’t any obvious figure of a person or anything else visible.

Dad told mom to walk out into the middle of the meadow so that if whatever or whoever charged them, he’d have a better chance of shooting it with the rifle. Mom told me she was never so scared in her life. This was miles and miles from any house or town. She felt like whatever it was, was out to kill them. It had followed them for more than a mile. They finally managed to get back to the car and get the heck out of there for good. Dad never went back out there again. Mom said that the fence line/tree line ,where the whatever had been following them, ran at a diagonal angle to where their car was parked. That means that the large meadow narrowed up in that direction, putting the tree line closer to the car. Even at a shorter distance away, they both still couldn’t see anyone or anything there as it followed them. Every step it took, they could still hear the leaves crunching. This is a truthful story that was told by both my parents. They didn’t lie. Neither of them drank, used drugs, or anything else.
          It’s entirely possible that it was a person following and they just couldn’t see him. They had no idea what it was all about. The owner of the ranch lived a long ways away. My dad had permission to hunt and fish that ranch. At that time there weren’t any cattle or even horses on it. Someone had deliberately placed an object in such a way that it marked the location of something possibly hidden out there. Back then the ranch wasn’t being used at all by the owner and he hadn’t leased it out. Maybe somebody was running a still? Who knows. Whatever was going on was well hidden and left no obvious signs of neither vehicular nor foot traffic, my dad said. He had been all over that ranch and never saw any signs of even a squatter living way out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
            Can't believe that I have never seen this thread. I'll take the time this afternoon to read all the posts. Here are a couple of my experiences.

I use to live in a house in Newport in Crosby, Tx. It was about the time that our youngest daughter was born so it is the 7-8 years ago time frame. We were always hearing something that vaguely sounded like voices but were so faint that it was hard to tell. Always seeing shadows or movement out of the corner of our eyes. Kids toys were put up in place when the kids would go stay at grandma and grandpa's house and then as my wife and I would walk down the hall to our bedroom that evening, the toys would be out in the middle of the floor. My wife would say "I know I put those toys away after the kids left". She would clean them up again and we would go to bed. When we woke up the nest morning.....the toys were back out in the middle of the floor.
            One night we went to bed and my oldest son, who was probably 14 at the time, fell asleep on the couch and we decided....to heck with him, let him stay right there. In the middle of the night I am woke up by his screaming and yelling for me and my wife. I grab a pistol, run down the hallway and round the corner into the living room and see what appears to be an old woman standing there staring at him. I still to this day am not 100% certain what I saw but it really unsettled me not to mention how bad it rattled my son.
            There was also a time that I came back from an evening goose hunt and went immediately to take a shower while my wife finished up dinner. I was standing there waiting for the water to heat up and decided to take a leak while doing so. I am standing in front of the toilet where there is a frosted window that overlooked the driveway. In that windowsill was a candle that my wife was burning. As I am standing there taking care of business, the candle slowly slid from one side of the windowsill to the other. Kinda creeped me out a bit.
            We had just brought our newborn home a day or two before and were waiting on one of my waterfowl hunting buddies and his wife to come see the new baby (curtintex, if you read this, you can ask Lance and Elaina about it as they were the friends coming over) as we are waiting, all of the other kids were in the backyard playing and my wife was cooking dinner. I was in my recliner feeding the baby when out of the corner of my eye, I see something moving out the corner of my eye to the left. I turn my head to look and see the very top of an extremely blonde haired head walking behind the couch and into the kitchen, My wife never saw anything and no......all of my kids have very very dark blonde or brown hair. About an hour later, lance was holding Abigail while facing the window that faces our front yard. He says " I thought all of the kids were in the backyard" I turned and looked at the little girls face looking back at us through the front window and say......"That is not one of ours" the she was gone.
            Many more stories about that place but those are the major ones that stand out in my mind.

Another place....My mom worked for Dr. James Moore for close to 40 years. Dr. Moore at one time owned the Sheridan house and the Wainwright Mansion in Fort Clark Springs. He would always let us go out there for mini vacations and stay at one of the houses. That place...especially the Wainwright house was crazy haunted. Hundreds of experiences over the years in there. I remember one time standing in the bedroom I was staying in at the back of the house and looking out the window at the deer in the backyard, also in my line of sight was the 4 "servants quarters". The servant quarters had been empty for many decades but on this evening, I unmistakably saw numerous figures in 1800's era clothing through the windows and they seemed to be just "floating very gracefully from room to room.
            Another time we were all getting ready to go out to eat at the Las Moras Café that is inside of the fort. I went upstairs to get my older sister and she was standing in front of a full length mirror brushing her hair. I took a picture of her from the hallway into the room with a polaroid camera and said "come on, we're leaving" I ran down the stairs, got in Momma's old station wagon. As I am sitting there waiting, I look down at the now developing picture that I just took and yes, now there is my sister in the pic and a transparent figure behind her just apparently watching her brush her hair.
            That same evening, I am laying in bed trying to go to sleep. I was trying to sleep with the door open because of the heat of the day and no AC. Trying to get a draft through the door and out the open window. As I am laying there, in the hallway that leads down the stairs and into the Butler kitchen, a light comes on in the hallway and I hear somebody walking up the wooden stairs. I fully expect to see my stepdad as he is the only one who was heavy enough to make those audible footsteps. The steps get to the head of the stairs and nobody is there and the light turns itself off. I was DONE.....I got my 15 year old self out of bed and made a beeline to my Momma's room and said move over, y'all just acquired a new snuggle buddy for the night
            Soo... what'd you do when you saw the old lady staring at your son in the first story? Bit of an abrupt end there. Shoot her till the ghost died too? :P for real though how'd that resolve, as I'd be mortified.

Comment

Originally posted by mooch View Post
              Sleep paralysis is the closest thing I've ever experienced. Waking up not able to move and feeling like somebody is in the room/hovering over you isn't a very fun feeling.

Amen to that! Happened to me once also as a 12 year old. When I realized something was wrong I wanted to yell for someone's attention and couldn't. Luckily I didn't soil my sheets but my heart about jumped out my chest. Awful awful feeling

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
                Amen to that! Happened to me once also as a 12 year old. When I realized something was wrong I wanted to yell for someone's attention and couldn't. Luckily I didn't soil my sheets but my heart about jumped out my chest. Awful awful feeling

I still have it, or something similar, regularly at 30. It is absolutely crazy what your mind can convince you you are hearing or seeing. I had a really intense and realistic episode last week. I attribute a lot of people's paranormal experiences to sleep paralysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                  I still have it, or something similar, regularly at 30. It is absolutely crazy what your mind can convince you you are hearing or seeing. I had a really intense and realistic episode last week. I attribute a lot of people's paranormal experiences to sleep paralysis.
                  Not sure if I mentioned this story previously but my grandmother told a story about waking up during the night and what she described as a "green demon" was standing over her. The way she described it; very vivid, couldn't move, etc makes me think it was a sleep paralysis episode. My FIL would have episodes when he was younger as well.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                    Not sure if I mentioned this story previously but my grandmother told a story about waking up during the night and what she described as a "green demon" was standing over her. The way she described it; very vivid, couldn't move, etc makes me think it was a sleep paralysis episode. My FIL would have episodes when he was younger as well.

I stayed at my girlfriend's house last Saturday while she was out of town. I woke up around 5 a.m. Sunday and couldn't go back to sleep. I turned on netflix and started watching "That 70's show". I started to get tired again and these days I just know when I'm about to have an episode. I was laying there and I felt someone crawl into the bed, snuggle up beside me and put a hand on my chest. Then I heard my girlfriends voice say "hey babe". I sat there for several minutes still feeling this sensation until i was finally able to move. All I could do is roll over and when I did I could hear her voice yelling "owe you're squishing me!".

Comment

I had an episode of sleep paralysis years ago that had me paralyzed with demonic voices in my head. I was reading some heavy science fiction based theology at the time and always attributed it to the space my head was in. Sure did freak me out when it happened.

Comment

You sleep paralysis folks should watch the Haunting of Hill House on netflix

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                          I've had it before as well. I haven't had an episode in a while though. I've never felt as if someone was hovering over me or what not. I usually just awaken and start freaking out causing a panic attack almost. I realize what's happening and have to tell myself to control my breathing, and I'll snap out of it. I found that falling asleep in a chair would trigger it more often. Very weird feeling for sure.

Comment

My wife and I bought this big white house in the country and moved there with our daughter. The couple who owned it drove off a covered bridge and drowned not long before. My daughter told us it was haunted by the couple who still lived in the attic. We didn't believe her until a dinner party one night when we all became possessed and starting singing the Banana Boat Song. After that the dead couple hired a bad tempered bio-exercist against the warnings of their sponsor Juno. Then things got really weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake8504 View Post
                              I've had it before as well. I haven't had an episode in a while though. I've never felt as if someone was hovering over me or what not. I usually just awaken and start freaking out causing a panic attack almost. I realize what's happening and have to tell myself to control my breathing, and I'll snap out of it. I found that falling asleep in a chair would trigger it more often. Very weird feeling for sure.
                              It's funny that you say that. Falling asleep on a couch is usually when I have an episode. Especially after a long day of fishing. It always happens before I fall asleep though, i never have the sudden wake up and panic episodes like many describe. Usually it will be something simple like I hear random conversations.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                                My wife and I bought this big white house in the country and moved there with our daughter. The couple who owned it drove off a covered bridge and drowned not long before. My daughter told us it was haunted by the couple who still lived in the attic. We didn't believe her until a dinner party one night when we all became possessed and starting singing the Banana Boat Song. After that the dead couple hired a bad tempered bio-exercist against the warnings of their sponsor Juno. Then things got really weird.

Come Mr. Tally Man tally me banana, daylight comes and me wanna go home

Comment

Working...
                                X