Live from the kitchen ..... seafood gumbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seafood stock is ready ......

here are the main ingredients being taken out, they will be added back into the gumbo later for the last 15 minutes of cooking

Comment

Why do you do this to us????? Just why?????

Comment

mmmm, looks good so far.

Comment

3 Tbspns of dark roux added to veggies

fire is on Med/high as I need to keep stirring until it looks like fudge

the veggies will continue to cook

gonna add the stock in about 5-8 minutes

Comment

Do you crack open the crabs for the meat or leave it whole for flavor?

Comment

roux is about done, here are the crabs which will also be added later to the gumbo

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                Do you crack open the crabs for the meat or leave it whole for flavor?
                Chew,

local stores sell "gumbo crabs"

they are blue point crabs that are "whole" minus the shell

i boil them whole and crack them later as I like crab "halves" in my gumbo

half crabs are easier to eat and continue to add flavor when they are added to the gumbo

Comment

im a fan! looking good brotha blake!

Comment

SON!! Looks great, Blake! Cant wait to see what others recipes you're gonna have for us!

(that looks much better than what we're havin at the plant tonite!)

Comment

roux with vegetables is done

now time to add the seafood stock , and stir

will add more water to gumbo along with salt and RB to taste

rice to be prepared soon as rice only takes 20 min.

Comment

wife is preparing the coconut icing for her bananas foster cake

kids are fighting over who gets to lick the mixer thingys

gumbo is looking and smelling good , another pic to soon follow

Comment

added the powdered shrimp and got the gumbo tasting right

gonna let it cook for 20 minutes over a rumbling boil and will add the crabs, oysters and shrimp for the last 10 minutes

Comment

Just catching up here...looks GREAT!!!

Comment

rice is on the stove ...... ready in 20 min.

wife finished the bananas foster cake and told me .... "Don't touch it !! "

as she walked out the kitchen , I mumbled under my breath .... "I ain't skeeered "

saved a few oysters , gonna sit down and eat my appetizer

Comment

Looks really good. So is a blue point is a blue crab that has not reached a large size for processing for lump meat? Same variety etc. Those oysters look good. How much garlic did you use?

Comment

Working...
                                X