No announcement yet.

Tilson Homes . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddy of mine just built his home in Fredericksburg with them. They screwed up and delivered flagstone that was thinner than the specs provided for. He pressed them on it and they ended up giving him better stuff than he had paid for and let him keep the other stuff.

His house is really nice and at least appears to be really well built. Only been in it a year or so though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
      Anybody here have some experience dealing with this company? . . . . I would appreciate any information, Thanks
      Welp, how'd it go lol

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
        I also used the Boerne office and my Supt. was from Wimberley. We couldn't have been happier. Were there mistakes mad-you bet. Were the mistakes corrected at Tilson's expense-you bet. I know of at least 3 other Tilson homes built around here-Comfort-and all tenants are happy. My BIL is a Construction Supt. in Austin and he kept a pretty good eye on it and he said they were above specs on everything. Currently, a very good friend is building one in Kerrville and I am even more impressed with their product today! I really liked the fact that they were very flexible in the floorplans. We made several changes and some cost us and others actually saved us money!
        Tilson is currently building our home and this ^^ is our experience. We have been very happy so far. We talked to different builders in the area and even paid for architectural drawings with a local custom builder before going with Tilson. So far, quality of materials and workmanship have been very good. Superintendent is responsive and quickly addresses any concerns. Since we live close by we are onsite almost every day. Tilson was significantly cheaper that the custom builders we talked to and there is no construction loan required with Tilson. They are not a custom home builder but their homes are highly customizable - just be sure you know what you want when plans are being discussed. I'll be happy to answer questions based on our experience so far.

Comment

We’ve checked with them twice in the past 10 years. First time we went with Design Tech instead. The most recent time they seemed cheap, until they added in the oversized garage, and steeper pitched metal roof. Then we were just as high as a custom builder but custom build included onsite custom built cabinets, and much better slab with piers and rebar, not a post tension cheapo job. People can say what they want but seeing a post tension versus traditional with rebar and piers, there is no contest in my opinion. But, bottom line is any builder is only as good as their subs, and you have to keep an eye on them all

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
            We’ve checked with them twice in the past 10 years. First time we went with Design Tech instead. The most recent time they seemed cheap, until they added in the oversized garage, and steeper pitched metal roof. Then we were just as high as a custom builder but custom build included onsite custom built cabinets, and much better slab with piers and rebar, not a post tension cheapo job. People can say what they want but seeing a post tension versus traditional with rebar and piers, there is no contest in my opinion. But, bottom line is any builder is only as good as their subs, and you have to keep an eye on them all
            I agree with keeping an eye on the subs. We just finished our house with Couto Homes. I was there every day and found several things that probably would not have been corrected if I had not. I am happy with the end result but you need to your own inspector when you build in the country. I would build with them again. They build beautiful homes.

Comment

Working...
            X