crossbow help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crossbow help

With my shoulder looking bad for my future of bow hunting, what are some good crossbow suggestions? Looks like Excalibur has a couple of models (pheonix, exocet 200) that look like a pretty good buy. Any suggestions? How far do crossbows shoot accuratley? 30 - 40 yards?

Have you looked at a Draw-Lok?

Comment

no I hadn't thought of that yet

Comment

When Cat's shoulder was hurt she hunted with one for her first deer season. She had shoulder surgery after the season was up but still hangs on to it just incase.

I have a video of her shooting it, when I get home I'll e-mail it to you.

Comment

Codie,
          What is your draw length? I think I might have a drawloc that I bought a couple of years ago when I was having trouble with my shoulder. I will have to check the storage barn, however there is a chance that it went up in flames when the house did back in april. If I still have it you are more than welcom to try it. The only thing that I did not like about it was that it was kind of awkward shooting because there is no tension on the rearward pull which to me made it hard to steady the bow.
          Kelly

Comment

Drawlok is something to look into, but to answer your question about crossbows, the Excalibur brand is supposed to be the best.

You have less downrange energy and stabilization than you would with a compound, so recommended shots are up to 30 yards. I did some research on this before when looking into the compound vs crossbow debates. Its just another tool to hunt with.

Lots of bowhunters view them as the devil incarnate, so just be forewarned

Comment

If yopu are going to get a crossbow get a good one . A friend purchased one a while back. It was a Ten Point . They have models from around $400. to $1.600.

His is one of the cheaper ones. He purchased it off the PC and got the full rig for $450.00

I sighted it in for him. It has a red dot with 3 dots in it . You can hit a plastic bottle cap at 40yds with his..

What ever you try, I wish you luck... Keep shootin

Comment

Barnett Crossbows

Trailboss

Comment

Horton

Comment

I've got an old Barnett Panzer without the recurve bow hanging on a nail in my garage. My son was given it for zero $ at an archery store 5+ years ago, I guess I'll never find/buy a replacement bow for it. The trigger/ release mechanism 'seemed-to' work OK when I put a bow string in it, pulled it tight and pulled the trigger, if that makes sense.

I know a compound crossbow will shoot faster, but it's yours for how much I paid ($0) if you pay shipping from CA to Texas. You'd have to contact Barnett and see if a replacement bow is available.

Comment

What Trailboss said. Friend has one because of sholder injury.

Comment

How much do you wanna spend??????? If $$ is not an issue look into the Bowtech Striker, but the Excalibur is awesome. I have shot one.

Comment

This one. Click image for larger version

Name:	FIREdevil.gif
Views:	1
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	23816344

425 gran bolt, 405fps, 155#KE. That oughta get er done.

Our mission is to deliver the most reliable, safest, and most user-friendly crossbows on the market today without sacrificing performance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	strykerxbow (Medium).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	23816345
                          Last edited by Mike D; 11-08-2006, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X