No announcement yet.

Granger Ranger 2011 Extreme Hunt - "We Don't Rent Pigs"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far is the campsite from the primitive boat ramp???

Comment

Originally posted by Fulldraw View Post
      Rat/Wildman, how would you feel about me making this one and bringing a guy from a show I shoot for to film this for an episode? We are looking for some off season shoots to do and I think this would be something you don't see every day on the outdoor networks. I wouldn't want to even think about it if y'all were opposed to it though. Shoot me a PM if you would please.
      I think that would be awsome.Definetly some good tv material.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
        How far is the campsite from the primitive boat ramp???
        I think it's a little over a mile by river. Possum clocked it last time we were out there so I am trying to get the exact number from him; but it's not far.

Comment

Originally posted by Fulldraw View Post
          Rat/Wildman, how would you feel about me making this one and bringing a guy from a show I shoot for to film this for an episode? We are looking for some off season shoots to do and I think this would be something you don't see every day on the outdoor networks. I wouldn't want to even think about it if y'all were opposed to it though. Shoot me a PM if you would please.
          PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
            I think it's a little over a mile by river. Possum clocked it last time we were out there so I am trying to get the exact number from him; but it's not far.
            Rat,

How far is the walk to the camp?

J.P.

Comment

Originally posted by jpbruni View Post
              Rat,

J.P.
              From No 7 it is a little less than a mile, but the trail ends and you need to bushwhack a little to get to the river; someone can pick you up at the river and haul you across.

From the water treatment plant (Comanche Trail-head Parking) it is a good 5 miles, good trail all the way to PC; no river to cross.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                From No 7 it is a little less than a mile, but the trail ends and you need to bushwhack a little to get to the river; someone can pick you up at the river and haul you across.

From the water treatment plant (Comanche Trail-head Parking) it is a good 5 miles, good trail all the way to PC; no river to cross.
                I do not think it's 5 miles. It may feel like it due to the few hills during the first half. I want to say it's 3.5-4 miles...But thats long enough LOL. I made that walk many many times, once with a feeder and ladder stand.

I'll google it for a more accurate length.

Just googled it and created a path. It was only 2.2 miles and I even tried adjusting for curves. But it all depends on the trail after you cross between the 2 ponds. But either way it feels closer to 5 miles than 2 miles.
                Last edited by RiverRat1; 01-07-2011, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Where do I go to get the hunting permit?

Comment

My GPS track along with elevation change has Comanche Bluff Trailhead to PC at 4.6 miles (but I DO tend to wander), YMMV; but it isn't a bad hike either way. There is also a Geocache along the way if you are into that; and it's a good one to find.

Permits can be purchased anywhere hunting licenses are sold; tell them you want the Annual Hunting Permit ($48).

I just talked to Possum; he clocked from No 7 to PC as 1.2 miles in his 'yak.
                    Last edited by Rat; 01-07-2011, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Going to have Arthroscopic Knee surgery 3 days before, but I ain't missing it.
                      Now THERE is a statement that challenges all the "my baby and wife need me at home..."

Sackett, I got it plotted on my Sonar/GPS. Maybe we can meet up at Taylor and you can tale me in and get it plotted on your electronics. Channel is 6' to 30+ feet. I run it wide open all the time and never hit anything. But then again, I don't own a Carolina Skiff

Fulldraw, that would be a great show for sure. No telling what you will encounter on the Extreme Hunt weekend. We have had sad faces eating dried pecans and grass to full bellies of backstrap and fish fillets.

One thing that is always consistent is the laughs and lies each year! I will pm you too. Now I know what Rat's message-ment

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGG!

Comment

Originally posted by jpbruni View Post
                        Rat,

J.P.
                        I walked in from 7 my very first time out.Brought all my gear in one trip.It's not bad at all.Just watch for the cows,some of them have an attitude.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
                          Now THERE is a statement that challenges all the "my baby and wife need me at home..."

Sackett, I got it plotted on my Sonar/GPS. Maybe we can meet up at Taylor and you can tale me in and get it plotted on your electronics. Channel is 6' to 30+ feet. I run it wide open all the time and never hit anything. But then again, I don't own a Carolina Skiff

Fulldraw, that would be a great show for sure. No telling what you will encounter on the Extreme Hunt weekend. We have had sad faces eating dried pecans and grass to full bellies of backstrap and fish fillets.

One thing that is always consistent is the laughs and lies each year! I will pm you too. Now I know what Rat's message-ment

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGG!

Danny,when are you leaving from Taylor?Phil and I may follow you in.

DJ

Comment

DJ

We can schedule a time. I am off on Friday so I am open. I would like to make camp about dark thirty that way I have a free day of not eating! Just kidding

About 10ish in the morning would work for me. Will Phil barge umm.... boat be able to keep up with MF?

Comment

Danny, you have reached the limit of storage on your PM account, can't get a return PM to you. Call me when you can please. 817-994-3374.

Comment

Sorry Tyge. I just cleared out some PMs. Calling now

Comment

Working...
                                X